I've had Squire Bullet Stratocaster for about two years and decided to completly re-do it. My list of to-do's were; scallop the frets, new paint job, and re-solder some of the connections. The first thing I did was scallop the frets. For my first scallop job it went way better than I expected. I started with 60 grit and went back at the end with 100 grit to smooth everything out. While the neck was off I repainted the body, headstock, pickguard, and back plate. The guitar was originally Fiesta Red and I had always wanted a flat black guitar. So I sprayed everything with 3 coats of Krylon Satin Black. I'm very pleased with the results that came from a rattle can. With the body drying I stained the fret board with Minwax Red Mahoganey for a dark almost burgandy finish. After the stain was dry I re did the connections to the output jack and ground. All that was left was to put it all together and man does it look vicious. The finish came out perfectly and the frets are fast and clear. Lemme know what you guys think. \m/

In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Don't look too bad! Did you lacquer over the black or just spray it black a few times?
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
Quote by richard_edwards
Don't look too bad! Did you lacquer over the black or just spray it black a few times?

I did three coats of the Krylon on the body, pickguard, and headstock and left it flat.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.