Pretty self-explanatory. I got 200 USD as a gift and I'm looking for a good steel string acoustic at a low price, but I don't know much about it.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Wow.

Mini Martin?

The Fenders are fairly good... For 200 dollars, there isn't much to offer. You'd best save up.
uhm i want to say first of all wrong forum ,
and second yeah yamaha acoustics are great for the price,
i currently have an apx on my gaslist
it plays and looks so beutiful
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
wrong place for this topic.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Fenders are horible guitars, if you want a POS acoustic guitar then get a fender! I would say Yamaha, or gave up like 400-600 dollars more and get a Greg Bennett All solid wood acoustic, which is very nice and plays better then most 1000-1500 dollar acoustics.
in the $200 range, you want to look at

Yamaha, Alvarez, Washburn, Takamine.

you might even get a cutaway with washburn.
you don't want to look at fenders.
and YES, you can get a nice guitar in this price range.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by britishsligean
yamaha's are great budget accoustics

this or an alvarez would be good choices
why did you post this in electric guitars when there is a whole section devoted to acoustic guitars? come on...
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD M-1000 Deluxe w/ FR
Hamer XT-series SATQ
Fender Stratocaster
'75 Fender F-35 Acoustic
Amp
Vox VT15
Pedals
535Q Crybaby Wah
Quote by ChecKxMaTe77
why did you post this in electric guitars when there is a whole section devoted to acoustic guitars? come on...

he made a mistake?

he was already told. the thread's been answered anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

thanks to everyone, i'll take a look at the guitars you told me, and i'm very sorry iwas a little distracted and completely forgot about the acoustic forum
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
My Yamaha F310 cost me £80 (don't know how much that is in dollars) and it's a great guitar. The action was a little high so I lowered it but apart from that it's absolutely perfect. So check those out.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
For budget, I think the best accoustic will probably be the Jose Feleciano line of guitars:
http://www.josefeliciano.com/?page=line-of-guitars

It's only $174 at:
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.F05636.desc.Jose-Feliciano-Acoustic-Guitar-Debut-Series-Kitwith-DVD

If you watch the video at qvc.com, Jose states that this is what he uses on stage because he believes in them.

Here's Jose when he was younger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFvqmIi9Ymc
Guitars:
DBZ Bird of Prey Blood Red
Jose Feliciano Acoustic Guitar Debut Series Natural
Amp:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 60W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
intellitouch PT10 Tuner (Chromatic)
Last edited by Biblico at Oct 17, 2009,
I personally love m fender stratacoustic. The tone is a bit closer to an electric than most acoustics, and the body is amazingly comfortable. I cant stand playing a full size acoustic now since I feel like my arm had to be a mile above where I am strumming.
^there are a ton of thin bodied acoustics with the same or better playability, that dont have that neck dive, or shotty plastic parts.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

IMO Fender makes great electrics...but not so great acoustics. Try the Yamaha FG700S, solid top, lam sides and back. For $100 more the FG730S is more than $100 better.
Yamaha FG730S
another vote for the yamaha fg700s - great bang for your buck and if you can only spend $200, you can get it for that shipped

Quote by NC_Acoustic
IMO Fender makes great electrics...but not so great acoustics. Try the Yamaha FG700S, solid top, lam sides and back. For $100 more the FG730S is more than $100 better.