Alright I've been reading up and it's quite obvious tube amps give a better sound. I'm looking at two amps.
1.)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC4TV-4W-1x10-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=476326

2.)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-Street-CUBEST-5W-2x6.5-Battery-Powered-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481658

Same price. I'm sure both are great amps, one being SS and the other being tube. I'm not looking to record with these, just jam out. I play a large variety of music, which makes me lean towards the cube. The cube is also portable which is great.
The Vox is tempting due to it being a tube, low wattage(play whenever), and I'd love to hear the difference. My con on the Vox, very little settings so I don't think I'll be able to play as big of a range as I would on the cube.

Currently I have 2 fender frontman 15rs, No I did not buy two. One was included when I bought my MiM strat. So heres my dilema. Should I sell my two frontman's and get a micro cube, then save for more expensive amp. Or should I pick one of the two I've discussed, and if so which one?
AC4TV. Pedals make it flexible and pretty much infinitely expandable. Plus, battery-powered amps make me flaccid.

And don't let the Street Cube pictures fool you. It's a tiny little bugger, 2x6.5" I think. And it's probably pretty quiet. I'd think too quiet to want use outside, which defeats the purpose of it being "street" oriented... If you're really dead set on a Cube, at least get one of the normal ones. Any combo amp is "portable," just depends on how heavy you'd like to carry.
Last edited by Seref at Oct 16, 2009,
I've been looking at the Vox myself, is it loud enough to be heard over drums (not in gigging environments)?
John I doubt it, it's 4 watts.
I completely just ignored pedals. Brain fart at best.
Anyways, I play anything from Beatles, Clapton, Eagles, Blink 182, Rise against, Sublime etc etc.
Just songs that I find enjoyable.

Also I'm not set on anything, just looking to get the most for my money. Would you recommend a different cube over the vox?
Last edited by jmeyer1022 at Oct 16, 2009,
Quote by jmeyer1022
John I doubt it, it's 4 amps.
I completely just ignored pedals. Brain fart at best.
Anyways, I play anything from Beatles, Clapton, Eagles, Blink 182, Rise against, Sublime etc etc.
Just songs that I find enjoyable.

Also I'm not set on anything, just looking to get the most for my money. Would you recommend a different cube over the vox?

The vox can do these without a pedal