Probably a noob question but im ordering new pickups and a whole electrical upgrade for my epi les paul(pots,input,pickup switch and all that) and im getting my guitar setup. My question is does it matter if get my guitar setup now and get the pickups and electrics installed later. Im askign cuz i dont know how in depth setups are and if they are affected by what im getting installed. Thank you (also my pups and stuff arent getting in for a while and i could use a setup now, so thats another reason for asking)
I think it would be better if you learned to set up your guitar on your own....
Don't think it really matters, however there's no point in setting up the guitar if you'll just have to do it again after putting new pups in, since you'll have to adjust to the proper height etc.

EDIT: You're getting someone else to setup your guitar? Why? It's a lot simpler than you think. You'll just waste your money getting someone else to do it.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Last edited by kingofdudes161 at Oct 16, 2009,
right.. i assume theres a how to setup your guitar sticked thread.. guess ill give it a shot. what the most risky part of a setup that i could end up screwing my guitar up lol. truss rod adjustment?
Ya truss rods are a pain if you've never done it before. First time I adjusted it I was paranoid I'd mess something up. The most annoying part however has to be intonation.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Quote by kingofdudes161
The most annoying part however has to be intonation.
It's just time consuming is all. Google it, if you have a chromatic tuner than your fine.

Really, it is something any long-term instrument player should learn; to set up their instrument.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."