but i need some new shapes to learn. i can do the basic minor/major sweeps in whatever key u want but im looking for something different. also the one minor sweep tap shape that i know is getting dull too so if u have any suggestions just let me know
Endless Sacrifice by Dream Theater. The second guitar solo is pretty much all sweeps.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Goodtimes666
but i need some new shapes to learn. i can do the basic minor/major sweeps in whatever key u want but im looking for something different. also the one minor sweep tap shape that i know is getting dull too so if u have any suggestions just let me know

1 - Learn chord construction
2 - Learn what "arpeggio" means
3 - ????
4 - Profit.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^ that learn some wierd chord like emaj7sus then play it one octave up and voilá you got awsomish arpeggio that can be swept.
are u serious? like i dont know what arpeggio means? cmon man if i can sweep chances are i know what an arpeggio is
Quote by Goodtimes666
are u serious? like i dont know what arpeggio means? cmon man if i can sweep chances are i know what an arpeggio is

Such logic very often doesn't follow in the case of guitarists. Now either be quiet and learn something for yourself or ask an actual question.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Goodtimes666

He's saying that if you know what an arpeggio is then you should be able to make whatever shape you want, unless you don't know how to make a chord to arpeggiate it.