hey some solos i know use those but i havent learend how to tap correctly so how do i? also how do i go from picking notes to tapping and back to picking quickly? and my problem with hammer on and pull offs is that i cant do them fast whether it be going up to different strings or down to different frets. any tips for me?
if you record yourself playing it, i could tell you where you are messing up at. I usually use my middle finger on my picking hand to tap and when i let go to the bottom note of the pattern and hammer on the next note. there are a few lessons on youtube how to tap and tap/hammer on/pull off
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Right, and instead of playing Tekken, go out and join a martial arts tournament! While your at it, put down that NES controller and go jump on some real turtles, pussy..
as for switching back and forth between picking and tapping mode, i suggest you use a finger that does not touch your pick to tap the notes. for example, i use my middle finger, that way i dont have to shift the pick at all. you could also tap with your pick, cause u still wouldnt have to shift it.

for improving hammersons, pulloffs overall, i suggest you practice simple patterns individually. for example , 5-8-5-8, 5-7-8-7-5, 8-7-5-7-8 etc on one string at a time.

good luck

and use a metronome
I had to get a replacement after I broke my G string. What a pain in the ass!
Just gotta start slow and build up the muscle memory. Finger tapping is all about patterns and there aren't a heck of a lot of them. Practice something like 12--8--5-- on the high e string in triplets. Tap on 12, pull off from 8, and keep your pointer planted on 5 the whole time. That's probably the easier pattern.

And remember, pull-offs aren't just simply picking your finger up off a string. You gotta give it a little pull as you leave the string. Kinda helps to have decent calluses too.