On my craigslist I think I can make a deal with the guy to buy his Dunlop crybaby (either GCB-95 or GCB95 I dunno the difference but i thought there was one???) for only about $15. I know that this wah isnt the best but I think it might be foolish to pass this opportunity up. He said that the pot just needs to be resoldered and he is even including the new pot. I just wanted to hear some opinions. I will be playing mostly classic rock (hendrix, clapton, page), some gritty blues (not alot of wah here but maybe for a little color in solos), reggae/ska (Marley, Streetlight Manifesto), and funkier stuff (RHCP). Thanks for your input.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Thats an amazing price for a subpar pedal
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Why not?

i sold mine $20 with a dead pots in there and its still dirt cheap
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Get it and mod it.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
look at it this way, for 15 bucks, would u rather buy say, a wah , or a pack of guitar strings?

i dont know many guitar strings that can make a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH sound, do u?

i mean even if its ****ty, its better than none, and it would be cool to just toy arount with eh
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Mine works pretty good, had to put in a new on/off switch though.

The only bad things really are the limited sweep and tone suck.

but for $15 go for it.
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
That was my first Wah pedal. It sucks balls and it's unreliable, but for 15$ give it a try

That was a very childish comment. TSK TSK.

For $15, I would take it. Sure beats buying it for $80 new.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
What kind of moderately easy mods are there that I can do with this?

Oh and BTW I won't be using this live in the near future. I just plan on using it to screw around with. This would be my first wah. Not the first I've played of course but the first I've owned. If i used it for gigs they would be small and infrequent. And I would only use it for a couple songs.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
bypass mod
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by ch0
Get it and mod it.

this basically proved everyone above him wrong.(not including meow, the pedal aint subpar, just needs simple stuff to make badass) gbc-95's can sound amazing. just depends if you can learn to use a soldering iron. if you don't want it, buy it and i'll purchase it from you and cover shipping to me.

they're all easy mods tbh. bypass is actually the harder one. although still easy. link in sig i'll be happy to help you in that thread.

edit: i'd do a few things if you were me. obviously buy it. then input ground true bypass. the buffer is up to you. do a wah/volume pedal switch with corrected treble (see wah link) then if you wanna have fun, put in a bass mode switch if you ever play bass that is. the vocal mod makes a difference. you can replace on cap to mimic the ICAR taper. so much you can do man. all very worth it.
Last edited by blandguitar at Oct 16, 2009,
Read and learn.

It may never end up as good as a Fulltone Clyde. But for the $15 wah + $10-20 in parts you can have something pretty badass.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Awesome. I think I'm going to go for this. Also, is there a big difference between the slightly older ones from maybe 5 years ago with the silver bubbly lettered logo (the one I think I'm getting) and the newer one with a more modernized logo? Or just design change?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
15$ is a pretty good deal. Last 1 I bought was same deal bad pot cost me 30$. Not sure why everybody says the crybaby is so terrible. My first 1 was used stock for a long time. There are plenty of mods out there. Even changing the transistors can make a difference. The stock ones used in later pedals tend to have to much gain which can make em to harsh when toe down, a big reason some dont like em. Lower gain trans solves this problem. I set mine up with a switch in the treddle so you dont need to rock it forward to turn on/off. Put your foot on its on take it off it quits.
its probably broken....... but it can easily be fixed
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
its probably broken....... but it can easily be fixed

What do you think could be wrong with it?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
The guy claims its the pot and he has a spare. It is a likely cause. The pots wear out after alot of use. 1 of the broken ones I bought was just the pot bad. Sad thing is a proper replacement pot is more than your paying for the entire wah.
Quote by Tackleberry
Sad thing is a proper replacement pot is more than your paying for the entire wah.
Why is that a sad thing? It just means that he got the pedal for a ridiculously cheap price, isn't that a happy thing? If he actually uses it he'd have to replace the pot one day anyway. It's akin to changing the tyres on your car.
I support the other guys that said buy it and mod it. There are so many mods out there it's unbelievable and they are such a simple circuit, with a bit of experimenting you can make it sound just how you want it to. If you can solder you can mod it. The body alone is worth more than he's asking for it. Hell, I'd take it off your hands too for cost + postage and postage to me is more than it's going for.
Buy it before somebody else beats you too it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Why is that a sad thing? It just means that he got the pedal for a ridiculously cheap price, isn't that a happy thing? If he actually uses it he'd have to replace the pot one day anyway. It's akin to changing the tyres on your car.
I support the other guys that said buy it and mod it. There are so many mods out there it's unbelievable and they are such a simple circuit, with a bit of experimenting you can make it sound just how you want it to. If you can solder you can mod it. The body alone is worth more than he's asking for it. Hell, I'd take it off your hands too for cost + postage and postage to me is more than it's going for.
Buy it before somebody else beats you too it.

hey

i suggested that if he didn't want it
That's why I said, "Hell, I'd take it off your hands too". You got in first but I'm ready and waiting for you to leave the chair vacant - then it's MINE!!! Muahahahaha!!
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Im just saying hes getting a hell of a deal. A hot potz is 19$ and a decent inductor is 15$ or more.
Quote by Tackleberry
Im just saying hes getting a hell of a deal. A hot potz is 19$ and a decent inductor is 15$ or more.
I'll drink to that!
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
That's why I said, "Hell, I'd take it off your hands too". You got in first but I'm ready and waiting for you to leave the chair vacant - then it's MINE!!! Muahahahaha!!

not a chance. i'd pay 20 for a shell alone. just to put something else in it.

no way in hell i'd give it up. TS, seriously, if you decide you don't want it, pm you your addy and i'll send you the money for the wah, shipping to NJ, and an extra 5 for doing me a favor.
Actually he said he is including the replacement pot too. So all I should need to do is solder it in.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser