high i'm new to guitar could you put a gibson 57 humbucker in a jackson dinky without buying adaptors
yea........ guitars arent like electronics ya solder and it will work on every guitar from the most expensive to the cheapest. as long as it has the routing space for it. Does the jackson have a humbucker in the spot you are putting the humbucker in?
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Sure, but it may not fit in the pickup ring right.

Also, there's no such thing as an adaptor for a pickup.
One more thing: Why would you want to? The Gibson 57 Classic is way overpriced.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
are you buying the pickup just because its a gibson product?
it would work, but then you have the whole realm of will it sound good.

style of music and amp?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers and stupid people.

and yes, it will work.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
I'll add my $0.02 here, I can understand you buying just to experiment, but keep in mind that the tone that most people will associate with a Classic '57 is the PAF in a les paul sound. Don't underrate the interaction between pickup and guitar, especially for a low output PAF style pickup.

A Classic '57 in a Jackson is not going to sound like a Classic '57 in a les paul. They're going to sound quite different, and in all honesty, it probably will not sound all that good.
Yes you can do it, but you shouldn't. It will likely sound much worse than the original jackson pickups, regardless of what music style you play.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by al112987
I'll add my $0.02 here, I can understand you buying just to experiment, but keep in mind that the tone that most people will associate with a Classic '57 is the PAF in a les paul sound. Don't underrate the interaction between pickup and guitar, especially for a low output PAF style pickup.

A Classic '57 in a Jackson is not going to sound like a Classic '57 in a les paul. They're going to sound quite different, and in all honesty, it probably will not sound all that good.

Exactly.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.