sup guys, i think im in a bit of a pickle. i am lacking in the single coil bridge, and ive been debating on either a new guitar or a new pickups in my lp.

i have an hss starcaster begginer guitar and a les paul copy guitar.

i also have a pod 2.0 and im pleased with what sounds i can coax out of it, but at higher volumes my pickups squeal, even when i use the noise gate, its a high pitch squeal and i tihnk its due to the microphonic properties of the pups.

so it really boils down to new guitar(probably classic vibe strat) or new pickups(for a solid alder body guitar, and for classic and modern rock. and blues,)

if i get the strat it will be my main guitar, and i hope to play something for the talent show with it(endish of school year)

any suggestions or thoughts? i really need help, and any and all posts will be appreciated
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
if you put the pick ups in the old lp, its going to be very different than if it were on a strat. i would suggest getting a strat and not mod your lp.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Right, and instead of playing Tekken, go out and join a martial arts tournament! While your at it, put down that NES controller and go jump on some real turtles, pussy..
well if you can affford it the new guitar is your best bet but if your amp is really a starcaster 15w you should really consider a new amp cuz the best guitar in the world through a crappy amp will sound like crap but a crappy guitar through a good amp will still sound good
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by brownsfan456
well if you can affford it the new guitar is your best bet but if your amp is really a starcaster 15w you should really consider a new amp cuz the best guitar in the world through a crappy amp will sound like crap but a crappy guitar through a good amp will still sound good

rocktron 25w.... its below it lol. so the sss strat is a better investment than new pups in a lp copy? i thought so too, but i dont wanna just jump on my GAS lol..

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
definitely new strat over new pickups. as long as you can afford it. but over both of those would be a new amp. thats kind of the hierarchy of things in my opinion
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
definitely new strat over new pickups. as long as you can afford it. but over both of those would be a new amp. thats kind of the hierarchy of things in my opinion

yeah i totally agree, i was think squire classic vibe series, or a MIM. ive been lookin into tubes(see sig lol...) and for sure the new amp would affect tone more than pickups, but i want a nicer amp. might go pawn shop hunting or craigslist lurking... lol

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
I'd say get the new strat. I think half of us must have started on Starcasters, but I've gotta admit, I still love mine