because, though I like my Spider, I hate how everything sounds generally the same. Makes me do this------------>

That being said, I would like to know what a generally good tube amp is. I know that, when it comes to buying new gear, it's usually all subjective and everything must be tried. But I'm looking for a "guide" as for what to look at. What are the most popular amps, etc.

So here's all that you need to know to answer my question:
Budget: $450
Styles: Metal (metalcore to be more specific) and jazz are my two main ones
-Loud enough to play small gigs
-Somewhat versatile (I know it's a give and take relationship between clean and gain, but I can always overdrive the amp, right?)

I don't really care if it's a stack or a combo, as long as it's good. Oh, and I CAN (meaning I have the ability) to save up money, but it's not efficient, as I'm only 15 years old.

I've looked into the B-52 AT112, and (after watching youtube videos) it does sound pretty nice, but after reading a lot of reviews it seems to be pretty unreliable. Any info regarding this?

I'm upgrading my guitar too, and I'm pretty set on the Ibanez S520EX.

Thank you so much for all answers, I appreciate it a lot!
Blues jr, Vox AC15 or epi valve jr
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
Quote by brownsfan456
Blues jr, Vox AC15 or epi valve jr

Those amp CANNOT do metal with out a huge boost
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
my advice is go pawn shop hunting. what you are going to find new for 450 doesnt hold a light to what you're going to find used.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Your spider makes you go super saiyan? I want a spider!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

Yep. Why do you think everyone has one?

Lol in all seriousness, I had thought about the Epi. Valve Jr. before, and thought of using a multi-effects pedal. But i was wondering, will a multi-effects pedal make my guitar sound REALLY digital or something?

And if I decided to go with just one pedal, should I get overdrive or distortion? Is there much of a difference?
overdrive make your t00bz amp sound cool
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Go with an Ampeg VH-140c. Epic cleans, epic metal tones. It's solid state, but way better than any amp in and well above its price range for people who just play metal and jazz. They go used all the time for $300-400. Check ebay.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

I LOL'd