I need help with 'jazz' chords. Yeah, I know there are no 'specific' chords, but what chords are considered jazzy?

Im looking for types not the actual chords. (like Minor not G Minor)

Can anyone name a few for me please?
major 7,
major 9,
minor 7,
9th,
minor 9th,
13th,
flat nine,
etc etc
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
7ths.

Then alter them.

But really, its how you use the chords, not what they are individually, that makes a song sound jazzy.

Probably best to look at some charts of jazz standards.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
most if not all chords with non-chord tones in them are considered jazzy chords.
Quote by Night_Lights
7ths.

Then alter them.

But really, its how you use the chords, not what they are individually, that makes a song sound jazzy.

Probably best to look at some charts of jazz standards.

What are these charts you speak of?
Any examples, or should i just google it?
Jazz, like all good music, is all about drugs. If you're not high as **** you're doomed.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by Hobble
Jazz, like all good music, is all about drugs. If you're not high as **** you're doomed.

That's ****ing ridiculous, and this is coming from someone who's taken more drugs than you've probably ever seen.

On topic, when you start doing jazz use 7ths and 9th's like people have said. Minor 9th's are great. After a while, when you start understanding voicings a bit better, start trying to construct chords yourself. You'll start accidentally finding some sexy jazzy chords.

Oh and in some forms of jazz min/maj6ths can sound good as well. Jeff Buckley used them quite a lot when he wanted to make a song more jazzy (I Am in No way classifying Buckley as jazz by the way!)
Major and minor 7b5 and 9b5
minor 9 11
minor/major 7
dominate chords altered b5#5 b9 #9 and all the combinations of each ie 7b5#9

the key to all this is the diatonic harmony of four note seventh chords

if your serious about learning jazz this is a must and worth all the time and effort it takes to understand and injest it

play well

wolf
voicings are a big part of jazz, having something like a -7th chord being played using all 6 strings isnt really in line with whats expected.

just be aware of that.