Poll: Is it good for the price?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is it good for the price?
Yes
3 33%
No
2 22%
Maybe
4 44%
Voters: 9.
The thread name above is what I have owned for about a year. I've heard tons of rumors/reviews about this guitar and wanted to know what you more seasoned players thought of this. I want your opinion because this is known as one of THE exclusive beginner guitars. I think i have some sort of anniversary edition, either way its a little bit better than i thought it would be.

Please list some pros and cons for me.

Of course, as the thread starter, I will start;

PROS:
Decent sound from good player (not me )
Assortment of colors to entertain us newbs.
Basic solid build/body.
Great Budget Price: 250 for Fender Squire Strat, 3 Single Coil, Rosewood Neck;Fender 15G Frontman; Low end Instrument cable;5 way selector switch; and some free picks LoL.
I can get a great blues sound from this guitar.

Cons:
Not 100% sure, but construction isn't very consistent.
Many complaints of guitar buzz and fret buzz.
The strings recommended for it is bs.(or at least I had a bad experience)

So, those who have had it, what did you think? For those who haven't, what have you heard?

EDIT: Its the BULLET strat excuse me... without the bullet its an $200+guitar? lol.
Last edited by Taco_Masher at Oct 16, 2009,
Cons:
Poor craftsmanship
Poor electronics(pickups, pots etc..)
Tremelo can untune quite easliy and is sorta a PITA to string(for a n00b)

Pros:
tremelo amuses easily
Built like a brick with strings
Deffinatley a when it comes to bang for buck.

amidoinitrite?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by westdyolf
Cons:
Poor craftsmanship
Poor electronics(pickups, pots etc..)
Tremelo can untune quite easliy and is sorta a PITA to string(for a n00b)

Pros:
tremelo amuses easily
Built like a brick with strings
Deffinatley a when it comes to bang for buck.

amidoinitrite?

Close Enough =]
squires are great begginer guitars, some pros gig with them too lol.
i personally liek the classic vibe series( they run about 350$, strat or tele, built to 60s specs) i started with something similar to a squier, but it said fender on it lol. it was like fenders unknown unearthed line of strats that shouldnt have been discoverd.

you buying one?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
I personally own one, and it's a good guitar for the money, you can get good blues sounds out of it when played clean, but other than that there isn't much else it is good at. The pickups are really weak and EXTEMELY trebley, and on mine the metal bit around the input jack is a bit loose causing it to cut in and out of sound, so I had to jam a folded up peice of paper in it to hold it in place.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Why the fuck can't anyone spell Squier?!

LoL its not worth trying my friend
Quote by westdyolf
squires are great begginer guitars, some pros gig with them too lol.
i personally liek the classic vibe series( they run about 350$, strat or tele, built to 60s specs) i started with something similar to a squier, but it said fender on it lol. it was like fenders unknown unearthed line of strats that shouldnt have been discoverd.

you buying one?

Org Post says i have one =]. some cheap 150$. I just got a used vox da5 and and a new instrument cable.
I voted maybe. It varies from guitar to guitar weather it's worth the price. My squier standard I started on was ok. There was some buzzing and a few spots where it fretted out and one fret that wouldn't sound (it played the note above). The 20th fret tried to fall out all the time . . . All this even after I payed for a setup. Really, not that bad though. It got me started . Was it worth the price? Eh, I'd say maybe not.
Music genre?, a sss squier might not be the best beginner guitar for you ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Classic Vibe = kicksass!!!
Vintage Modified = good guitar
Standard= some good, some junk...
Affinity= some good, some junk...
Bullet= good starter guitar and great for modders
~JP~
too bad i already own the bullet maybe i can sell it and the amp for 100$ and BAM! im 1/5 of the way there! lmao.

BUT i really would like a better guitar even though i suck. before i was playing 3-4 hours a day. Then i rusted through soo many sets of strings.... My family and I are really poor so.... yeah. things like amps are out of the question. I only got my vox da5 cause i stopped eating breakfast and lunch while taking on manual labor jobs. it was really really hard. even then i got it used for 80 bucks....

i want a better guitar, but i didnt even now that different guitars produce different sounds. (strat, tele, etc etc)

Keep the info coming guys. thanks
Quote by Taco_Masher
too bad i already own the bullet maybe i can sell it and the amp for 100$ and BAM! im 1/5 of the way there! lmao.

BUT i really would like a better guitar even though i suck. before i was playing 3-4 hours a day. Then i rusted through soo many sets of strings.... My family and I are really poor so.... yeah. things like amps are out of the question. I only got my vox da5 cause i stopped eating breakfast and lunch while taking on manual labor jobs. it was really really hard. even then i got it used for 80 bucks....

i want a better guitar, but i didnt even now that different guitars produce different sounds. (strat, tele, etc etc)

Keep the info coming guys. thanks

That's dedication.
0o omg
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Cloudburst
That's dedication.

i guess you can say that haha. but it was more odd jobs like washing cars. lifting 50lb rice bags. moving furniture. driving. etc etc. even dished out 5 bux for me... that i ended up eating a subway sandwich with. haha

Anyways please keep on telling my about my guitar so maybe i could decide to junk it for cash. thankss