im thinking of buying an ibanez RG5EX1, but at the same time i want to "make" my own guitar. by make i mean by a cheap-o guitar (probably a squier) and juice it up. a lot. so i was wondering what you guys think. for the re-build id put in two humbuckers (not sure what kind yet), new trem (most likely non-locking), new tuners (grover), new paint job, bevel the edges, make the lower cutaway deeper, scallope a few frets, cut the headstock and add in LED's in the middle s/c position. or ibanez rg5ex1?
Don't steal.
The government hates competition.
rebuild, just be sure you have the time to make all of that stuff happen since itll probably take a while
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Quote by Mullen2105
Do you have the technology?

Technology!
Quote by LuckyBoys91
+ ****ing 1

i've got a point

Quote by Pr0gNut
No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.

TSHM.
i have all the tools but im not too sure on some things like fret scalloping and cutting the headstock. for the headstock do you just cut normally or in a certain way? and scalloping if you guys could tell me how or give me a link, otherwise i know how to do everything else. also, are there any reasons why i should do the re-build and not buy the ibanez?

EDIT: whatabout an SX Strat copy? the only reason im saying this is cuz it already comes with a floyd which could save me like 180$.
Don't steal.
Last edited by bluechikkens777 at Oct 17, 2009,
Quote by bluechikkens777
i have all the tools but im not too sure on some things like fret scalloping and cutting the headstock. for the headstock do you just cut normally or in a certain way? and scalloping if you guys could tell me how or give me a link, otherwise i know how to do everything else. also, are there any reasons why i should do the re-build and not buy the ibanez?

EDIT: whatabout an SX Strat copy? the only reason im saying this is cuz it already comes with a floyd which could save me like 180$.

You can cut the headstock with pretty much any saw. I would use a jigsaw though. Good link for scalloping.
The bridge on the SX strat is not a floyd (no divebombs or squealies); it's a fender style tremolo. There are other guitars on rondo music that have licensed floyds that I would advise you get, like this one.
I'd also advise you to try GFS pickups from guitarfetish.com. Cheap but great for the price.
I'd say do the mod because even if you don't save a bunch of money (you probably won't), it'll be a great learning experience.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

i dunno if uve noticed (look at my sig.) im a lefty so unfortunatley i cant get that douglas but ill check out some others from there. thanks for the advice salsawords, if you have any other rondo start type things (preferbably with floyds) then let me know please, thnx.
Don't steal.
Here's all of rondo's lefty guitars right here. http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitarleft.html
Look up tremolo on wikipedia and read about the different kinds. That would help you decide which tremolo is best for you, or if you even want a tremolo bridge. Double locking floyds are better than single locking, so try to get one of those instead if you can.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

thnx, and i already know about different trems but what do you think about putting LED's in the middle S/C pickup slot? and if so, i know this sounds a little noob-ish, but how would you wirea ll that up?
Don't steal.