I want to sell my Strat and G-400 so I can get an RG1550M and some cash. I need to do it soon to take advantage of the Black Friday sales. I already put an ad on CL but I'm thinking about ebay since I may be able to get more money out of the deal. Is this true and how does shipping and packaging come into play? Any other options I should look into?
On Ebay you either set the shipping price and/or there is a way to have them get a quote for the shipping. Packaging is up to you.

Did you put up pics on CL? If not put some up I rarely respond to adds w/out pics. And be competitive about your pricing. There is probably a few G-400's/Strat's on your CL there are tons on mine and if everyone is priced the same go a little lower on the price. Say $10-20. Throw in some strings. And if you find a lot on CL there will be even more on Ebay.

Good luck.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Have a beautiful bikini-clad lady hold it!
Moving on.....
Quote by boxcarmonument
On Ebay you either set the shipping price and/or there is a way to have them get a quote for the shipping. Packaging is up to you.

Did you put up pics on CL? If not put some up I rarely respond to adds w/out pics. And be competitive about your pricing. There is probably a few G-400's/Strat's on your CL there are tons on mine and if everyone is priced the same go a little lower on the price. Say $10-20. Throw in some strings. And if you find a lot on CL there will be even more on Ebay.

Good luck.

I do have pics on the CL ads. And I offered to take more if they wanted to see anything in particular or in detail. I noticed that the guitars are sell for more on ebay. Plus, buyers can't lowball you. But after the fees and s&h, would I end up getting less, more, or about the same.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I do have pics on the CL ads. And I offered to take more if they wanted to see anything in particular or in detail. I noticed that the guitars are sell for more on ebay. Plus, buyers can't lowball you. But after the fees and s&h, would I end up getting less, more, or about the same.

If you put it on Ebay shipping is additional to the purchase price. The only thing that will cost you is packaging. So in the end you will make a little less for having to buy some packaging. You could probably save some cash by going to a local music store and seeing if they have an extra guitar box available. But don't skimp on bubble wrap and proper padding. Because if the neck shows up broken The seller/buyer both lose. And Make sure you get insurance on the shipping.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.