Hello Pit!

Didn't know where else to put this, so why not my old stomping grounds?

Anyone know of any good drum mufflers? Our drummer has a very loud kit, and he has mufflers, but they quiet his drums down too much. it's either the drums are freaking loud or they are really quiet. I was hoping you guys knew of any mufflers...or noise reducers...for drums? Would it be possible to reduce the noise by maybe half? That would make things a whole lot easier.

I realize this is The Pit and I won't get a serious response for a while, so feel free to post whatever.
Toss t-shirts on the drum heads.

Edit,

Sporks are king.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Last edited by p o e at Oct 17, 2009,
Quote by trendkill-
tryy ear plugs so then it wont seem so loud and u can piss off the guy next door

I was hoping that we could quiet the drums down for the sake of the musicians in the band and so we wouldn't need epic equipment to hear the vocals when we practice in the garage.

Quote by JazzNick67
http://www.vintagedrum.com/category/Drum-Sticks-Brushes/model/Rute+Sticks

really good if you want to keep the same sound, but softer

Sweet, which ones would you recommend?
Kotex mini-pads

Just the regular ones, though. Not the ones with "wings"
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Kotex mini-pads

Just the regular ones, though. Not the ones with "wings"

Wow, i find more and more uses for em everyday
I'm a firm believer in the whole "player softer so it's quieter" thing.
Hey all. The best way if you wanna go to the trouble, is by replacing your heads with mesh ones. Its awesome for practicing and doesnt p!ss the neighbours off. And if you wanna go to even more trouble (i wouldnt) you can buy acoustic drum triggers and put them on every drum, aswell as a trigger module, and just use headphones. or you could use an electric kit =]. EN-fukkin-joy.

Couple of times with that will do, you might need to find someone with one first though.....