I'm having a very hard time muting when going from my pinky on say the A string to any other finger on the D string. It's like whenever I go up a string and remove my pinky, I make the string I was playing sound.

I know muting has to be performed, but no matter how slow I go, it almost seems like a mather of luck if it's going to sound or not. I have tried not plucking the string while removing it, but it's really hard. I've also thought about muting either with other fretting fingers or with my palm, but that's just as hard, even when playing really slow. And it's mostly with my pinky.

Any tips on what I can do to solve the problem. I know practice is the key, but even with practice, I can't seem to do it even when playing very slowly. What to do?
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

I'm sorry but, you shouldn't really need to mute it, you're just going to have to practice lifting your pinky straight off. the only way i could think to mute it would be with your picking hand thumb; muting the string as you lift off your pinky.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
I'm sorry but, you shouldn't really need to mute it, you're just going to have to practice lifting your pinky straight off. the only way i could think to mute it would be with your picking hand thumb; muting the string as you lift off your pinky.

Thanks for the ouput, that's what I thought aswell. It just seems like I have less control over my pinky than I have with other fingers.

And another technique question; when going from a string to another, should your wrist be rotating, or should the movement come from your arm itself?
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.