I was thinking about something. Do bands today make vinyls any more? Where can you buy them? I recently went to my uncle's house and he had a 1975 vinyl player and he put on axis bold as love... and I must say wow... just wow... That rich, saturated sound that came out from those speakers was amazing. I own the mp3 version and it falls short. Does anyone know where they sell vinyls that are as close as the original records, none of this remastered(louder the better) type deal.

BTW I don't want to start a vs thread ok...
dont go to hmv or that ****, find any sort of independant music or record store and they will have them

if not, ebay or the internet in general
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
some Black Metal bands (Xasthur) still make vinyls...
"I will endure, hide away...

I would outrun the scythe, glaring with failure"

Opeth - April Ethereal
well since you live in pomona you can go to amoeba records in LA. i go to antique shops where i know they have some. also swapmeets are pretty good but you have to be pretty committed to lookin but you can find gems for pretty cheap

EDIT: if youre only lookin for new vinyls then just go to amoeba records
Last edited by wenwi91 at Oct 17, 2009,
Ebay.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
I'm wondering if the new vinyls will sound different than the original vinyls that came out way back in the day (when the album originally came out)
I saw vinyls at (flamesheild) Hot Topic. But it was old stuff like Kill Em' All and Appetite for Destruction
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Please note that the mastering techniques used in the past 20 years have been tailored to CD quality, and due to limitations in the medium itself (for example, no panned bass frequencies) some modern bands will sound like shit on vinyl, depending on how good the vinyl mastering is.

But you can buy them at any independent record store, yes they're still released all the time, and no the quality is not always better, the fluctuating tempo (and likewise, pitch) that is inherent in the mechanics of a turntable give it the "warm" quality people associate (nostalgically) with "good sound quality". Of course they'll sound better than a 128kbps mp3, but full-on CD quality pretty much rivals or surpasses most vinyl (although records can be very good quality depending on what they're pressed on and how good the mastering is - AFX's "Analord" vinyl-only series of EPs = eargasm)
Last edited by xaviergray at Oct 17, 2009,
Quote by sporkface
I saw vinyls at (flamesheild) Hot Topic. But it was old stuff like Kill Em' All and Appetite for Destruction

dude how much were they?
I saw vinyls of Chickenfoot at Best Buy...
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
New vinyls will not sound any better than modern CDs, as they are recorded digitally and then compied to vinyl. Original vinyls were recorded on tape, and thus were not compressed nearly as much.

EDIT: As for finding them, I'd keep my eyes peeled for garage sales. I've also come across them on ebay, craigslist, garage sales, and antique stores.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Last edited by Minderbinder at Oct 17, 2009,
Quote by Minderbinder
New vinyls will not sound any better than modern CDs, as they are recorded digitally and then compied to vinyl. Original vinyls were recorded on tape, and thus were not compressed nearly as much.

Sometimes it's just the nostalgia factor that matters.
Quote by Khromium
dude how much were they?

Like 15 bucks.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
I have discovered that my local FYE has started selling them. It's great, if you want to but vinyl Beatles...
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
I have a question, a very dumb one, but that's what I'm here for. I wan't to start buying vinyls because I think they are great, but if I wanted to burn them on a cd or put the music on my ipod how would I do that?
Quote by bassbeat77
There's already a good sized thread devoted to vinyls here.

I don't think this one is necessary.

Sent from my iPad.