Page 1 of 2
Your saying you don't want to play because your depressed or you want to know what to play when your depressed? Sit there, don't think, the urge to play will come.
I do something else...like eat cake.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I don't think for me it's possible to be too depressed to play. When I feel down, I go straight to the guitar to make me feel better.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Do something that cheers me up. Eat amazing food, listen to my favorite music etc. Stuff I really enjoy that takes no work
You're too depressed to enjoy one of your favorite hobbies? That's not uncommon at all, actually. If you need help getting over your depression, this probably isn't the place. Good luck
i don't know why i feel so dry
See youre girlfriend? or maybe shes the problem lol.

But no, i see what you mean, when im too depressed, i just pick up the guitar, and play nice stuff, kick youre destrtion pedal to clean and add some reverb, and youre be happy in no time. well better :]]
Quote by Ikonoklast
Play and channel the emotion into your music?

I like this one
Playing guitar is the only thing I can do to channel anger or depression. Sometimes playing a few tasty clean riffs, a cool blues jam, or cranking the distortion and rocking out can bring me out of the deepest blues.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Depression is what the blues was made for, it's a tool to cause others to feel the pain that you do.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Play Johnny Cash's version of 'Hurt'
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
^ I really disagree, i could write some seriously depressing stuff, but it'd suck, so i dont bother.. no one wants to hear that sh*t
My Gear

See above. I always write when I feel down it let's me channel something negative into a positive.
Quote by xander307
^ I really disagree, i could write some seriously depressing stuff, but it'd suck, so i dont bother.. no one wants to hear that sh*t

With that attitude, you're probably not confident enough to be expressing your emotions anyway.
No im not saying i suck at writing, im saying people dont want to hear depressing music
My Gear

Quote by xander307
No im not saying i suck at writing, im saying people dont want to hear depressing music

Then your wrong.

Radiohead headlined Reading this year I hear?
Once We Were Anarchists
just play some blues, sometimes it helps me
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Quote by xander307

lol wtf. Sad music is, has been, and always will be one of the biggest connections between a musician and a fan.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Every once in awhile, I'll wake up and not want to do anything, playing guitar included. What works best for me is to put some music on, anything you think you're in the mood for. My favorite is Elliott Smith, especially if I'm down because I can really connect with what he wrote. Anyway, I'll start singing along and eventually will get the acoustic out and really strum it as hard as I can and eventually you forget you're even sad, you're just happy something as simple as a box made of wood with some metal strings (sometimes nylon or catgut if you live in a desert somewhere) can really make the world a beautiful place. Lol, christ I got to stop this rambling nonsense.
Quote by 3holepunch
lol wtf. Sad music is, has been, and always will be one of the biggest connections between a musician and a fan.

its so true
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Listen like two hours in strait Nothing else matters or Fade to black and then with all the emotion I compose something
tune to A and play destroyer grind riffs angrily at high volumes (goddamn ive had some awesome riffs that i couldt recall afterwards)
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
just pick up your guitar and play whatever comes to mind. when i was mad i just played anything and i ended up writing this awesome riff
Quote by Eastwinn
You're too depressed to enjoy one of your favorite hobbies? That's not uncommon at all, actually. If you need help getting over your depression, this probably isn't the place. Good luck

^This.

Don't eat bad food it's a bad cycle to get into and you'll just feel worse when that food turns to fat and have to eat some more to feel better.

Drink water, eat healthy, and get plenty of fresh air and exercise. Then call up a friend and jam with them, or go for a swim. Tell your friend how you're feeling and ask them to encourage you to get out and do stuff with them and maybe be a little more persistent than they normally would. (If your friends are into drinking, drugs, or fighting - get new friends)

Talk to someone, a counselor, friend, adult, older relative, or someone else that you trust and tell them how you're feeling. If they tell you to toughen up, or suck it up, then try talking to someone else. Depression is a "mental illness". It can be serious but it can also be beaten.

Most people will experience a period of depression in their lives. If you make the mental commitment to beating it you can. You need to be aware though that depression will be fighting for control of your mind and life and it's a tough and persistent opponent. It will try to convince you that you don't really want to do what it takes to beat it.

If I feel too depressed to play my guitar - I do it anyway, because I know that I am the master of my will and I won't let depression trick me into thinking I don't want to do something that I know I really want to do.

Remember to eat healthy and exercise to be clear headed and strong in body and mind so you are ready to battle that demon every time it comes for you. Always try new challenges and do something different everyday, monotony is food for depression.

Think about and focus on those things that excite you rather than the ones that bring you down. And again - ask for help.

Best of luck to you.
Si
When I feel like that I just go into my room, get it as dark as possible and start play slow, sad, vibrato abusing solos and riffs, they sound amazing, sadness is a great inspiration, my only problem is that I never recorded myself when doing that and lost a lot of good material.
Quote by Ikonoklast
Play and channel the emotion into your music?

+1

This is hard & long for me to do. I'll have to play for bout half an hour then my emotion will come out. It awesome to hear what your playing when you channel it though
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
have you heard of the doors? that was depressing and screwed up and they were amazing so people do want to hear it
Gear:
Guitars:
1. Epiphone Custom Shop Explorer Apparition
2. BC Rich Iron Bird 2003 LTD Spaceface
3. Gould KK Series LTD Reaper 600
4. BC Rich Warbeast WMD
5. Cort X6 Custom
6. Dradnaught Acoustic
-smoke hella weed
-take a break from guitar/music
-go see a doctor because depression can be a serious issue
Page 1 of 2