hey so i want to do a duet with my brothers piano teacher, both of are are pretty good, looking for something that smokes. high tempo or fast passages, (i cant keep up with full speed petrucci style, so maybe limited flat out shredding.) neo classical would be abonus. we are doing this for a typically acoustic small town open mic, want something kick ass.

considering Acid Rain by liquid tension experiment(modified for more piano, cutting some repitition maybe adding some improv)

samba Briza by athiest, doing most of the bass work on guitar and following the piano noodling

and maybe doing something with the melodies and solos at the last 3 minutes or so of White Walls by BTBAM

any other ideas?
if it works out we get a good one, it will eventually be videotaped for amusement
why does what you want to play have to be "difficult" , aslong as it sounds good play whatever the situation inspires you to play..
well, we both want to play something challenging and fast paced. for the same reason anyone plays fast songs, they are fun!
get the album An Evening Wtih John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
get the album An Evening Wtih John Petrucci and Jordan Rudess

This is more or less exactly what I was going to say. Do this.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
You can always one of the guitars for piano.

Scarified - Racer X
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
^ oh jeezus i love that song! that one, or straight through a telephone pole

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele

damn it, Acid rain is all on a seven string.
friend of mine recommended Rondo alla turca by motzart which seems a fine idea as well.
the only song that comes to mind is The Last Night by Skillet comes to mind as a solid song with piano and guitar, but it might not be fast enough if you want a song with a high tempo.
Last edited by Bergey at Oct 17, 2009,
hey just discovered some more thanks to my jazz appreciation class

Art Tatum - Elegy (holy sh*t thats some good piano work)
Scott Joplin - Maple Leaf Rag

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele