I'm having a bit of an issue with increasing my speed and accuracy on the fretboard, and keeping my consistancy with it. I do fine with it on some songs that are played in a moderate speed, but if I play something that has a half-time feel, it blows my knuckles to pieces, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips to help remedy my problem? Also, if you can direct me to a lesson that's pretty efficient, that would be most helpful.

Thanks for reading.
try doing some hand stretches before, inbetween and after playing. It's as simple as pulling your knuckles back a little bit.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by MetalTemptress
I'm having a bit of an issue with increasing my speed and accuracy on the fretboard, and keeping my consistancy with it. I do fine with it on some songs that are played in a moderate speed, but if I play something that has a half-time feel, it blows my knuckles to pieces, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips to help remedy my problem? Also, if you can direct me to a lesson that's pretty efficient, that would be most helpful.

Thanks for reading.

I'm a little confused, are you saying that on slower pieces you're having trouble but on the faster pieces in your repetoire you have no trouble?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I'm a little confused, are you saying that on slower pieces you're having trouble but on the faster pieces in your repetoire you have no trouble?

No. music that has a "half time feel" is much faster than a simple, moderate speed. It takes the value of notes down to half of their original value. For example, a full note would be played like a half note, half notes would be played like quarter notes, and quarter notes would be played in eights, essentially speeding up the process of the song.
Quote by MetalTemptress
No. music that has a "half time feel" is much faster than a simple, moderate speed. It takes the value of notes down to half of their original value. For example, a full note would be played like a half note, half notes would be played like quarter notes, and quarter notes would be played in eights, essentially speeding up the process of the song.

I think you're confusing "half-time" and "double-time". Half time is, as the name implies, half the speed not half the note values but that almost doesn't matter as a half time feel doesn't neccesarily effect what you're playing in terms of speed, you can play the exact same thing with a half time feel and not do anything different, the change may just be in the drums or other backing.

Either way, you're just having a little trouble with speed which is almost certainly a co-ordination problem, get a metronome and read the stickies.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.