Page 1 of 2
"Can I sit here?"
"No. Hey, where are you going? I was just kidding! Don't take it so seriously, mr. Serioushead. Grow a sense of humour"

In this situation, everyone always says no, regardless of whether or not they object to you sitting down at their table. What are they trying to achieve with this? Is it an attempt to be funny and original?

Seriously, I don't have a ****ing clue. Can anyone clarify?
well this is a great thread...
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
My friend does that a lot. Like I said 'Oh I was listening to some John Lee Hooker the other day etc'

So he said 'Oh, blues is just dull and all the same etc'

Then after he said 'Jesus Christ, I was only joking, get a sense of humour'

Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
oh, I wonder why there's sarcasm there...

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
most people do not even know what sarcasm is. i had it once, but was cured, thank god.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Ask them if you look like a clown a few times. Then shoot them in the knees.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sarcasm is the lowest form of humour. And often the funniest.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Sarcasm is the lowest form of humour. And often the funniest.

well that's usually the case :p
Maybe its because I'm british, but if your sarcasm detector is that badly tuned, you'd probably be better off in a box where everything is exactly as it appears and people only say what they mean.
Run head first into the chair next time and claim a victory for Switzerland, they need at least one.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by rizo299
Maybe its because I'm british, but if your sarcasm detector is that badly tuned, you'd probably be better off in a box where everything is exactly as it appears and people only say what they mean.

Maybe because you're so british you could explain to me why it's necessary to complicate such petty things when there is absolutely no advantage in doing so.
I hate people who do that kind of ****...and people who make ****ty jokes in general. If someone asks me if they can sit next to me and I know the seat isn't occupied I'll just say yes.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by sashki
Maybe because you're so british you could explain to me why it's necessary to complicate such petty things when there is absolutely no advantage in doing so.

Just how this shit goes down, son.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Sh*ts and a Grin is the only motive for sarcasm.
I am so tired of rhetorical questions. Or am I?
"Just enough" sarcasm is defined as being just less than "too much sarcasm", which doesn't exist.
Probably something to do with dominance, think about it... Request, then the request is nulled and then allowed, who had the control? It is playful banter but it does show that whoever ur talking to is in control. The main counteraction is to just sit down even though the no was there =]
Quote by Conformist
Probably something to do with dominance, think about it... Request, then the request is nulled and then allowed, who had the control? It is playful banter but it does show that whoever ur talking to is in control. The main counteraction is to just sit down even though the no was there =]

Wow, this was a useful post.
I hate when people's hilarious satirical impression of an ignorant twat consists of spouting the exact same thing as the people they're mocking, the immense irony being that they don't actually mean it. And then they act as if you're stupid for not knowing they're kidding, not because they said it in an ironic way or used a typical joking tone of voice, but just because it was them.

Which is more or less what the original post says, but hurrrrrrrrrrr.

EDIT: Wait no, I forgot, it's completely different. Instead of unnecessary sarcasm, it's unbelievably bad attempts at sarcasm.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 17, 2009,
Quote by Kensai
Wow, this was a useful post.

OMG REALLY?! I never imagined someone liek you to think so!! oh im so gona fap over my computer!!!
Sarcasm can be a pain in the neck sometimes... especially when people are sarcastic in very serious situations (like when your brother is in a coma)...

what happened to jokes that made everyone laugh, and didn't have a "victim" to it???
Quote by Conformist
OMG REALLY?! I never imagined someone liek you to think so!! oh im so gona fap over my computer!!!

Wow, that was a funny post!
Quote by nemesis_911
Sarcasm can be a pain in the neck sometimes... especially when people are sarcastic in very serious situations (like when your brother is in a coma)...

what happened to jokes that made everyone laugh, and didn't have a "victim" to it???

...There can be jokes without victim's? When did this happen? How long have I been in the pit for?
Quote by Kensai
Wow, that was a funny post!

Wow, this post taught me something vital about horticultural science!
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Posts starting with wow, Im starting to see the patter emerge... Kensai, ur rebuttle?
Quote by whalepudding
Wow, this post taught me something vital about horticultural science!

I am so happy you learned about plants and shit!

Quote by Conformist
Posts starting with wow, Im starting to see the patter emerge... Kensai, ur rebuttle?

The city Ur?
Quote by Conformist
...There can be jokes without victim's? When did this happen? How long have I been in the pit for?

prbably about three years
things have changed
a lot of things
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
Quote by sashki

Dude it's just a joke, not everyone likes to go around being ridiculously serious about everything.
Because, "can i sit here" is usually a rhetoric question and you expect whoever you're asking not to object, which is why some people say no to create the hilarious situation that you where turned down a place to sit - although, it's not really that funny.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Page 1 of 2