I want to improve my playing. But I'm just not motivated to learn theory or do exercises. I can do that stuff for maybe 5 minutes, and then I start having fun doing my own stuff again. I think some it may be easier to follow along with DVDs since it's visual and interactive. I can't even follow along with CDs.

I'm thinking about checking out John Petrucci Rock Discipline and Paul Gilbert Intense Rock to help improve my technique since those are two of my influences. For theory I'm thinking at the Fretboard Logic Box Set. They all get pretty good reviews. Anyone have any opinions on these or any other suggestions?
well those dvd's are fine man but if your "having fun doing your own stuff" then i don't see why they're necessary

learn some scales and exercises (some of the articles here are good) and keep having fun...that's what musics all about
Quote by JELIFISH19
I want to improve my playing. But I'm just not motivated to learn theory or do exercises. I can do that stuff for maybe 5 minutes, and then I start having fun doing my own stuff again. I think some it may be easier to follow along with DVDs since it's visual and interactive. I can't even follow along with CDs.

I'm thinking about checking out John Petrucci Rock Discipline and Paul Gilbert Intense Rock to help improve my technique since those are two of my influences. For theory I'm thinking at the Fretboard Logic Box Set. They all get pretty good reviews. Anyone have any opinions on these or any other suggestions?

Check them out on google video first to make sure you can actually pay attention before shelling out any cash.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
check out mark tremontis instructional dvd. one of the best out there imo.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Check them out on google video first to make sure you can actually pay attention before shelling out any cash.

Why didn't I think of that? I could download the PG and JP videos, but I think the books that come with the Fretboard Logic set are pretty important.
Quote by JELIFISH19

Sorry but the flaw in your plan is right up there at the top.

I get what you're trying to say but the problem for you is going to come when you realise that even when you've bought the dvd, and watched them show you the lick.

You still have to motivate yourself to do the exercise.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon