Page 1 of 3
Since the 00' era is coming to an end, what do you think will we find nostaglic in the future when we look back at 00'?
THIS IS MY SIG. BE JEALOUS.
this thread
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Me
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
That black guy did that thing in America. Ah, what's his name, Bush?
skinny jeans, fancy shoes, the emo swoosh haircut, metalcore, most rap, food network being awesome, scrubs, lost, 24, that 70s show, house, crappy movies such as the epic movie dance movie stuff like that, gasoline dependent cars
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by Winman9999
gasoline dependent cars

...?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
gamecube, ftw!
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Josef Fritzl.

The internet (it was around in the 90s but wasn't the huge part of society it is now till this decade really).
Quote by Old Lady
Josef Fritzl.

The internet (it was around in the 90s but wasn't the huge part of society it is now till this decade really).

Now that you mention it, probably this.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Has anyone listed the Backstreet Boys? I'd rather forget them, but they were in the atmosphere for most of the early '00.
hmmm i would say guitar hero, miley cirus, jonas brothers, obama, 9-11, ipods, wii/xbox/ps3 or somethin like that
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
9/11 : because it was so funny and some idiot started a war because he has no sense of humor.

The internet: because it is awesome

Emo music and fabricated disney bands: Because they are the onley thing the mainstream knows

The economic crisis: because it was so awesome
Quote by Waffleguy
9/11 : because it was so funny and some idiot started a war because he has no sense of humor.

Reported.
This is a good question. I agree with the guy that posted ps2. I remember when I first got that, and played GTA vice city, and it was so freakin awsome. And my ps2 never broke, unlike my xbox which broke 3 times. I like the 90's the best though, as do most people on this forum. 90's FTW!!
Angus = god
Quote by Waffleguy
May I ask why , oh good sir?

i think he reported himself, his sarcasm detector was broken
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Quote by El3ment380
This is a good question. I agree with the guy that posted ps2. I remember when I first got that, and played GTA vice city, and it was so freakin awsome. And my ps2 never broke, unlike my xbox which broke 3 times. I like the 90's the best though, as do most people on this forum. 90's FTW!!

GTA3 = Best Game Ever.
The internet
Playstation2 or 3
XBox/XBox 360
House
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Ipod, Youtube, Wikipedia, Facebook.
Quote by TheClincher
I give you the lolslope
---
--------
--------------
---------------------

Quote by Trowzaa

I love you.

Quote by Flying Couch

The Darkness?

Hmmm.... ok???
Quote by TheClincher
I give you the lolslope
---
--------
--------------
---------------------

Quote by Trowzaa

I love you.

The end of the Spider III era.

Now there are Spider IVs.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Martindecorum
the massive assault of auto-tune and the mass talentless that has come it, the emo culture and short stack

The autotune effect you hear is actually a creative misuse of the program. If it's used correctly you might not even notice it. I'm all for autotune, you can do some pretty interesting stuff with it. I consider it to be the sound of the 00s like the Phil Collins sound was the sound of the 80s, it doesn't mean the people using it are talentless.

Not to mention the fact that the songs its used on are usually produced pretty well. As for the lyrics... Can you really complain? Not many lyrics are that deep in the last 40 years of rock, let alone pop.

On topic, music-wise there's been a lot of developments in electronic, indie, metal, and so forth. Hip-hop has matured pretty well this past decade. I think computers will be the biggest thing as they became pretty much a part of life this decade as opposed to just office supplies, and the advancements that have been made in the technology since 2000 are pretty huge. As a result of this, movie special effects, computer graphics, audio/music production, and a lot of other media have improved by leaps and bounds.
Last edited by xaviergray at Oct 17, 2009,
Page 1 of 3