my apologies if this is the wrong forum, but it seemed like the best.

I have an Ibanez starter guitar and it feels just as good as most "better" guitars. ive been using my drummer's brother's marshall half stack.

I was wondering if any-one has ever had any problems when using an ibanez and a marshall amp? i dont want to get too comfortable and mabey buy the amp unless i know it will be completely fine. any input would be great.
-JBSwreckfest
It doesn't matter what guitar goes into what amp whether it's a crappy starter amp or an engl
Blue Red Yellow Green
my ibanez works fine on my epi starter amp, but not the ibanez starter amp, and my epi SG works great in both. mabey my stuff is just wierd
-JBSwreckfest
I'd say a good 70-90% of the tone comes from the amp, the rest from the guitar, pickups, wood quality, and player style. So you could plug in a Squire into a Marshall and then and an American Strat and it would be comparable (though the american would be better).

And if you're kind of new, you might not be able to tell the difference between good and bad guitars yet, but cheaper guitars are essentially designed so that their more expensive counterparts are better.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Basically every guitar works with every ****ing amp, simply put.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
They all work, but you have to be specific. There are a million different variations of each Ibanez guitars and marshall amps.
Use what ever set up sounds good, it does´nt matter what guitar or amp combination you use as long as you like it.
it'll be fine, but what marshall is it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have an ibanez and a marshall and sounds great... srry my bad eng
A dollar says its an MG.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
It'll work. Just out of interest, what model of Marshall is it?
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by p o e
A dollar says its an MG.

I raise you 2 dolla!
Blue Red Yellow Green
joe satriani is using marshall and ibanez at the moment....

doesn`t matter what amp you plug into to make a noise, but if you find 1 amp that gives you the holy grail of tone you are lookiing for go for it, if you are still unsure take your guitar to a big store and play every amp in your budget find one with the sound you`re after and the features you want and buy it.
Quote by hopespaul
avt150h ftw

Not much better, I'm going with the mg though.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by ibanezgod1973
joe satriani is using marshall and ibanez at the moment....

doesn`t matter what amp you plug into to make a noise, but if you find 1 amp that gives you the holy grail of tone you are lookiing for go for it, if you are still unsure take your guitar to a big store and play every amp in your budget find one with the sound you`re after and the features you want and buy it.

he uses peavey.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
Quote by CKYIbanezParker
he uses peavey.

he used Marshall for the Chickenfoot tour.

Paul Gilbert also uses Ibanez and Marshall.

the bottom line is that any guitar will work with any amp unless there's just something wrong with the amp or the guitar.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by ibanezgod1973
could be a ms-2

i've got one of those. its a pretty br00tal halfstack...

but yea, most likely an MG.

i bet tree sebbidy-fye!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by CKYIbanezParker
he uses peavey.

do you actually know anything, that might help peeps on this forum, everytime i read your posts i feel like cutting my strings off and preparing a noose.

he`s been using marshall jvm`s for the last 6 months, you could of found that out by buying guitar magazines reading the stuff on the peavey and marshall sites or just by looking for images of chickenfoot....taken on june 25 2009

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=455442849&albumID=0&imageID=11973798

TS:-sry, time to get back on topic, just don`t like it when peeps who know nothing about music or guitars invade such forums.
I'd say 90% of your tone comes from your fingers.
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
Quote by Kada2110
I'd say 90% of your tone comes from your fingers.

I'd say you're wrong tbh.
Quote by Forkman
I'd say you're wrong tbh.

Yep, common misconception. Technique, not tone, is in the fingers. Tone is all in your rig, but your overall sound is a combination of your technique and tone.
:Bash:
There's never going to be problems between amps and guitars...

Marshalls are some of the best amps ever, I never had one nor have I used one. Haha (I'm a Vox/Orange guy)
Ibanez are some of the.... in some case nicest guitars....in other cases Ibanez pick-ups in their own instruments. Only things I would recommend are the RG & SR series...

I have a Ibanez starter bass and it's pretty decent for the past 4 years...
Quote by ibanezgod1973
do you actually know anything, that might help peeps on this forum, everytime i read your posts i feel like cutting my strings off and preparing a noose.

he`s been using marshall jvm`s for the last 6 months, you could of found that out by buying guitar magazines reading the stuff on the peavey and marshall sites or just by looking for images of chickenfoot....taken on june 25 2009

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=455442849&albumID=0&imageID=11973798

TS:-sry, time to get back on topic, just don`t like it when peeps who know nothing about music or guitars invade such forums.

Is that what happened to the JSX50? I heard about it a while ago but it just seemed to disappear from existence. It's not even on Peavey's site anymore.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Is that what happened to the JSX50? I heard about it a while ago but it just seemed to disappear from existence. It's not even on Peavey's site anymore.

not sure, Joe commented on it @ talk to Joe(t2j) but it seems that his post has been deleted, i remember him saying he used the jsx50 for the chickenfoot record, but the jvm suited what he wanted live tonally, he has also spent alot of time at the marshall factory in milton keynes in the few days leading up to the london gig (where i took that pic)

found it....

... checking in after not checking in for a while.... Chad's condition is looking brighter and we are looking forward to the last two festival shows of this tour... Thanks to all of you, Chickenfoot continues to rock the charts and radio waves. The shows have been fantastic, and crazy, and always fun, as you can see from the clips. We were filmed in Montreux and hope to release it at some point. ...Yes, I did switch back to playing Marshall Amps, nothing to do with business, just an artistic decision. A full explanation will follow when the time right... Right now, in Stockholm, it's raining and I've got two days off in this beautiful city... Joe
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Oct 18, 2009,