Hey,

I just bought my Orange PPC 212 and Peavey VK 100 head, and I was wondering if there are important things that I need to know before I start ****ing things up.

I would also like to know if a computer or tv damages the amp when they're near eachother.

Ty
No a tv or computer will not damage it, or at least i've never heard anything like that or had any problems with it. Just let your tubes warm up in standby for like 30 seconds, other than that most amps are really durable, built to withstand abuse.
Quote by HowerPower
No a tv or computer will not damage it, or at least i've never heard anything like that or had any problems with it. Just let your tubes warm up in standby for like 30 seconds, other than that most amps are really durable, built to withstand abuse.

Okay. I was just wondering that because it made some noises with my other amp with my computer/tv turned on.
Thanks.
Its just interference, but it wont damage it. Obviously never turn the head on when it isnt connected to the cab, or leave it on when you arent playing it. Both will do some damage to your tubes or the amp itself.
Quote by s0ner
Okay. I was just wondering that because it made some noises with my other amp with my computer/tv turned on.
Thanks.

One thing i will add is if you have been playing your amp for awhile at high volumes(more than 30 min.), it is a good idea to let it cool down before you move it too much. The tubes get hot and have a tendency to burst if they get bumped around too much. But like I said, most tube amps are built like beast and you will rarely run into problems, and most problems are usually easy fixes (New tubes do not cost that much)
main rule: don't turn it on w/o a speaker/cab plugged in. That will destroy the amp quickly. Otherwise, they're pretty robust - better than SS IMHO
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial