Dean Dmeblade or Jackson JS30KV?? im looking to play mostly Death metal/Black metal
Jackson
After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Jackson, the only reason I am saying that is because I hate Jackson less than I hate Dean
Quote by willT08
Depends. Do you have a Line 6 Spider by any chance?

No i havent got a Line 6
Quote by darkcheef
Neither, they are both horrible guitars. And please do not get a spider amp.

The jackson gets very good reviews as a Beginner Guitar
Quote by Sunshine420
The jackson gets very good reviews as a Beginner Guitar

Experience > Reviews

Honestly you really can't trust online reviews that much. Especially with cheap guitars, since most are from beginners who can not tell quality.
Quote by darkcheef
Experience > Reviews

Honestly you really can't trust online reviews that much. Especially with cheap guitars, since most are from beginners who can not tell quality.

So what better guitar can a beginner have??
I have an older Jackson JS Kelly with replaced pickups that's made out of alder, and it has not failed me. I own two other Jacksons, a DK2 and a KVX10 with a Seymour Duncan JB and the Kelly sounds great compared to them.

I like the feel of it, personally. The guitar stays in tune, plays well, and sounds good (after a pickup change).

Everybody bashes the JS series, but I have no problems at all with the ones that are string-thru body.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Or this, it's a great beginner's guitar and will last a long time.

The RG321 Looks very nice...thank you for sharing it...and RondoMusic seems like a good place to buy a Beginner Guitar
the reason im pushing towards the Dimeblade is because theres one in the guitar shop where i live...but if i want the JS30KV Then i gotta go on a long journey
I got a JS30RR as my first guitar. it works well and have never failed me. i suggest it as a good beginner guitar.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
I got a JS30RR as my first guitar. it works well and have never failed me. i suggest it as a good beginner guitar.

Yea i was looking at the RR But i was told that the only diffrence between the RR And KV Is the shape
Quote by Sunshine420
Yea i was looking at the RR But i was told that the only diffrence between the RR And KV Is the shape

I beleive that's the only difference, i picked the JS30 cause i like the shape more than the KV. Honestly for around 460 (i got mine for 400) the Alexi-200 isn't bad in comparison. Alot of poeple rag on it but i like mine, nexk feels like better than the JS30's, and it's one pickup is better IMHO than the JS30's stockers. My only concern is the Alexi's floyd. I had mine set-up so no headaches, but the guy said it went off without a hitch. When i drop it waaaay down, it will sometimes go out of tune slightly. All the strings are intune with each other, but they all go alittle flat. If you block the floyd it's no problem.

Alot of poeple hate them, but IMHO it's a better guitar than my JS30, by a long shot accautly.

just my opinon, take it or leave it.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
I beleive that's the only difference, i picked the JS30 cause i like the shape more than the KV. Honestly for around 460 (i got mine for 400) the Alexi-200 isn't bad in comparison. Alot of poeple rag on it but i like mine, nexk feels like better than the JS30's, and it's one pickup is better IMHO than the JS30's stockers. My only concern is the Alexi's floyd. I had mine set-up so no headaches, but the guy said it went off without a hitch. When i drop it waaaay down, it will sometimes go out of tune slightly. All the strings are intune with each other, but they all go alittle flat. If you block the floyd it's no problem.

Alot of poeple hate them, but IMHO it's a better guitar than my JS30, by a long shot accautly.

just my opinon, take it or leave it.

Yea it looks nice...just a little out of my price range....you have a crate practice amp??
How does it handle Death Metal/Black Metal??
Quote by Sunshine420
Yea it looks nice...just a little out of my price range....you have a crate practice amp??
How does it handle Death Metal/Black Metal??

not horrible, it gets the job of high gain done decently. Some poeple seem to think anything other then a 5150 or similar sounds like ass, but i live in an apartment so big amps are out of the question for right now.

What bands will you specifically be playing? The boss MT-2 works well to up the gain.

mine's a GX-15. it's got all the cheesy effects, but sometimes they are useful, it's not like i'm giggin so for my perposes it's almost perfect.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
not horrible, it gets the job of high gain done decently. Some poeple seem to think anything other then a 5150 or similar sounds like ass, but i live in an apartment so big amps are out of the question for right now.

What bands will you specifically be playing? The boss MT-2 works well to up the gain.

mine's a GX-15. it's got all the cheesy effects, but sometimes they are useful, it's not like i'm giggin so for my perposes it's almost perfect.

For death Metal : Cannibal Corpse,Death,Nile,Necrophagist,

Black Metal,Cradle of filth,Dimmu Borgir,

Heavy Metal: Pantera

Many more..but there the main ones

i heard about the GX-15...They used that same one for Cannibal Corpse"s 4th Album
Quote by Sunshine420
For death Metal : Cannibal Corpse,Death,Nile,Necrophagist,

Black Metal,Cradle of filth,Dimmu Borgir,

Heavy Metal: Pantera

Many more..but there the main ones

i heard about the GX-15...They used that same one for Cannibal Corpse"s 4th Album

sounds like your not gonna need a floyd.

The crate does well, again it's not the darkest for heavest, but for a practice amp it gets the job done, some amps in the 15 watt class really can't do much of any distortion, this one does ok (could use more).
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
sounds like your not gonna need a floyd.

The crate does well, again it's not the darkest for heavest, but for a practice amp it gets the job done, some amps in the 15 watt class really can't do much of any distortion, this one does ok (could use more).

Yeah as long as it does the job..it will be fine
Quote by Sunshine420
Yeah as long as it does the job..it will be fine

if your thinking about picking a new amp for your first (dunno if you know how to play already or not) i've heard good things about the Roland cube 15 and 30.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Get the Jackson, and for the amp I agree with this guy^^^^Roland Cube is a good practice amp.
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Quote by Sunshine420
the Rolan Cube looks pretty good

I have the micro cube and I was amazed by the sound, I think the Cube 20 is really good.
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Quote by Sunshine420
the Rolan Cube looks pretty good

sounds like a cube 15, 20, or 30 and a JS30 (RR, KV or Dinky) would be good for you.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps: