Recently i've been really wanting to have something to record myself playing guitar of for various reasons. Mainly because whenever i write a riff, i tend to completely forget it by the next time i pick up my guitar. I don't have a lot of money and i am not really lookin for the greatest thing ever to record on. I've been thinking about buying a cassette recorder to record riffs on. I don't really know what that would sound like, hopefully not too awful. I don't really need any crazy expensive digital recording crap or anything like that because I'm not in a band or anything and all i want it for is to record stuff so I can remember more songs i write for fun. Anyone ever used a tape recorder to record guitar? Is it so god awful is isn't worth it? Any feedback would be appreciated
Wrong, digital will be cheaper now that tape is no longer manufactured. Although, if you can, many producers prefer tape due to the warmer saturation of the higher harmonics.... Umm, anyway. Tape is discontinued, so digital, bro.
If you just want to remember riffs, a digital dictaphone or just open the sound recorder on your computer and record onto that. S'what I used to do.
Quote by Terastr
Wrong, digital will be cheaper now that tape is no longer manufactured. Although, if you can, many producers prefer tape due to the warmer saturation of the higher harmonics.... Umm, anyway. Tape is discontinued, so digital, bro.

They still sell microcassette recorders and microcassettes...I don't know what it would sound like to record guitar on one of those though lol.
Last edited by kyleluther72 at Oct 17, 2009,
Quote by kyleluther72
Recently i've been really wanting to have something to record myself playing guitar of for various reasons. Mainly because whenever i write a riff, i tend to completely forget it by the next time i pick up my guitar. I don't have a lot of money and i am not really lookin for the greatest thing ever to record on. I've been thinking about buying a cassette recorder to record riffs on. I don't really know what that would sound like, hopefully not too awful. I don't really need any crazy expensive digital recording crap or anything like that because I'm not in a band or anything and all i want it for is to record stuff so I can remember more songs i write for fun. Anyone ever used a tape recorder to record guitar? Is it so god awful is isn't worth it? Any feedback would be appreciated

get a program called guitar pro. you can write down your songs in their, and you can download songs from this site and practice them at diff tempos and see all the instruments etc.... also in the future it will help you arrange your music. overall a really goodbuy.
hmm .... use Audacity and if you have a good pc as well as a really good amp tone all you'll need is a chord to run from you're amp to ur pc
If you don't believe me listen to circles in my profile ... I recorded that by simply running my amp into my laptop with a crappy squier strat (which I love)
And also get a tab book from guitar center they're only $5
Quote by MetalBass 77
get a program called guitar pro. you can write down your songs in their, and you can download songs from this site and practice them at diff tempos and see all the instruments etc.... also in the future it will help you arrange your music. overall a really goodbuy.

I would but i already used my 15 day trial lol, Are there any free versions of guitar pro?
TuxGuitar, but it doesn't have zooming and the copy/paste fuctions for notes, just bars.
Download reaper its basically free and you can record multiple tracks over each other
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.