Well for my next guitar I'm not going over $500 but I've found some of the best for that price
Its between:
Schecter C-1 Classic
http://www.zzounds.com/item--SCEC1CL

Minarik Lotus
http://cgi.ebay.com/MINARIK-LOTUS-STUDIO-ANTIQUE-CREME-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-NEW!_W0QQitemZ120445578714QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&itemid=120445578714

Epiphone Explorer
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-1958-Explorer-Electric-Guitar?sku=518454

Which one is better in you're opinions?

And don't say "get a new amp" because its coming with the new guitar
My babies:
-Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Last edited by DrDeathjeans at Oct 17, 2009,
I say Minarik. Even if its just a Lotus and not one of the crazier ones, I still think it would be pretty awesome. And probably the best deal of the three.
I think the C-1 is the best out of those 3, though they are all nice guitars. Plus I think the strat shape is the best shape for a guitar. Regardless of what you favor in terms of looks, the strat is the most practical shape.
I picked these for each of their looks mostly (and I've heard great things about Schecter and Minarik) I love the work put into the Schecter, and the design of the Lotus, and just the awesomeness that is the explorer...but its really getting to be a tough decision
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
schecter
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
I say the C-1. Best specs, very comfortable, very versatile, and to my taste, the most beautiful.
strat player forever.
That site is the lowest I've seen the Schecter in stores, but I've seen it for less on ebay and used is fine by me (if its in good condition). But any Explorers for cheap are always gone immediately and there's hardly a time a Minarik pops up for less than $450, so the C-1 may just win by default :p

God, just makes me wanna have all of them
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
I'd be careful buying a used guitar online, you won't really know what you're getting until you get it.
Quote by bnull24
I'd be careful buying a used guitar online, you won't really know what you're getting until you get it.

I'm always cautious when I see a fairly expensive guitar going for really cheap, but I'll probably end up finding the best deal for new anyways
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
I say the C-1. Looks brilliant for the price. SD's, quilt maple top, 24 frets, neck-through, some pretty cool inlay on it, and the recessed knobs look awesome. I hardly ever play metal, which I'm guessing this is for, but i'd still consider it for myself. Bet you could get some great tone out of that thing, and I bet it plays great too.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by PussyPunk182
I say the C-1. Looks brilliant for the price. SD's, quilt maple top, 24 frets, neck-through, some pretty cool inlay on it, and the recessed knobs look awesome. I hardly ever play metal, which I'm guessing this is for, but i'd still consider it for myself. Bet you could get some great tone out of that thing, and I bet it plays great too.

Yeah I do play metal lol but I'm never restricted to being "br00talz" lol
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Does Zzounds Pay as you Play for anyone or is that like Musicians Friends financial aid deal ****?
If its for everyone the Schecter just won
My babies:
-Peavey Vypyr 30
-Epiphone Hummingbird
If I had to get one of those three I'd get the C-1.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...