Hey

Okay, I have an Marshall MG30. It cost £20 so im not really bothered that its not working, but basically, it used to work most of the time, and would occasionally go really quiet until you practically couldn't hear it. Give it a smack and it would go back to the proper volume.

Now, its finally dead. I was playing quite loud at a band practice, and it suddenly conked out. I can still hear though the Emulated output/headphones jack, so i assume its not a problem with the amp, but the speaker?

Im not very experienced at dealing with amps, so some help with whats wrong and maybe what i could do to repair it would be very helpful

Thanks again. Tim.
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by blue_strat
A broken MG is not a problem, it is an opportunity.

Believe me, i would have bought a new amp a long time ago if i had the money.

All this means is that now, i cant play guitar though an amp.
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
What happened to me with my old MG15DFX [good riddance] is that the headphone jack came a bit loose, try to tighten it, may do the trick. Sounds weird, but that solved that for me.
strat player forever.
The input (and headphone) jack is soldered right onto the board (STUPID!!!!), if it ever gets banged on the cable it can break the board, another reason they are crap.
Well the headphones can work and the power amp section still be bad. Unlikely the speaker will quit like that where it works when you bang on it. The symptoms you describe are gonna be an internal electric issue something your not gonna be able to fix. You just need to save up for a new amp.
I actually have had that happen to two MGs... not fixable... the first time they replaced it... the second time it was waaay past warranty....

Sorry.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by blue_strat

HAHAHAHa
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by blue_strat

Lol owned =)