Page 1 of 2
I just got tickets for a Satyricon concert next week and my black metal friend and death metal friend have decided they can't go because its on a Sunday (really br00tal of them considering Sunday is ideal church burning time, jk ) but now I'm stuck going alone as any other friend I ask is all wtf black metal, so any advice as to how to still have a fun time? I don't really know what to expect from a black metal concert although its not the most underground band. Toxic Holocaust and Bleeding Through will also be playing. Would it be moshing basically or will there be goat sacrifices...

Tl:dr - Friends won't go to metal concert, going alone, tips on how to still have a fun time and what to expect from a black metal concert?
Expect to be raped anally.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Is there honestly goat sacrifice and shizz?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
I'm sure the music will be good for one.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
1. Bring weed
2. Make friends at concert
3. ???????
4. Profit!
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
bleeding through isnt that balack metal are they? regardless. as far as im concerned. i would have more fun going to a concert if i was alone. most people are afraid of doing dumb things at concerts with friends. and seeing as how it sounds like youve never ben to one of said black metal shows. go have a blast in the pit without worry.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
They better play dark medieval times.
Peace be thy journey
Quote by Hereiwas

Yes....allot of goats are sacrificed to the bands
If you don't sacrifice a goat, then you are going to ruin the band. Goats are sacrificed so that Satan can grant the band the ability to play the br00t4l musics. Without the goats, they have no musics, so Black Metal would cease to exist. Please, for the love of Black Metal, sacrifice a goat!!
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Oct 17, 2009,
Quote by yoduh4077
1. Bring weed
3. ???????
4. Profit!

this is actually a step by step recollection of what me and a guy im not quite good friends with did at our first metal concert (metallica, dublin august 1st) we met some metallica vet.s and gave them some extra beer we werent going to drink before we went in. they did ruin it a little bit by saying when stuff was about to happen e.g. fireworks before one. once metallica came on we lost them though...

EDIT: and yeah youre probably better off alone because you dont have to worry about losing each other, meeting up at certain times/places if you do. the guy i went with also wrecked my buzz a little bit
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Last edited by munkymanmatt at Oct 17, 2009,
Bring a knife and improvise.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I had a dream once where I was at a behemoth concert (behemoth are black/death metal aren't they?) and I was just standing listening to the music. Next thing I know, they stopped playing. Then they stared at me and ordered the crowd to rip me apart, they did. I guess i was the goat

But it should be fun going to a concert by yourself, but if you really feel uncomfortable going by yourself. Find a friend that likes one of the support bands and take them along, if that doesn't work then maybe you just shouldn't go.......

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Bring a knife and improvise.

This made me laugh
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at Oct 17, 2009,
Quote by metaldud536
Maybe you should bring your thrash metal friend and your power metal friend along and leave behind your metalcore friend.

i thought i was the only one who would think of a response similar to that
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
The only black metal show I've been to was Wolves in the Throne Room back in July. It was in a bar and thus was really tame. I imagine that the show you're going to will be different. One of my friends told me that at a Mayhem show he saw someone's arm get broken :O.

So basically, I absolutely nothing useful to add to this conversation.
Quote by quam
They better play dark medieval times.

They better XD
But I already have the tickets so I'm surely going, I guess I'll just try to talk with a bunch of people, if there are a moshes, hopping in there the whole time wouldn't be too bad, I was just thinking maybe it'd be a bunch of dudes in corpse paint making kvlt faces at the bands, but it sounds like it should be fun
Wear a black metal band shirt so that people will come up to you and be like "Hey, nice shirt" then you can start a conversation and chill with those people.

It's what I did when my friend bailed on going to Opeth with me.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by MyNameIsLame
Wear a black metal band shirt so that people will come up to you and be like "Hey, nice shirt" then you can start a conversation and chill with those people.

It's what I did when my friend bailed on going to Opeth with me.

This is actually really good advice. I would say it doesn't even need to be a black metal band you're repping, but it should be an obscure band. No one's going to give a sh*t that you love Iron Maiden or Bathory.
Quote by MyNameIsLame

I only have a Bodom shirt since this is my 2nd concert idk if I should wear it, ill probs buy a satyricon shirt if theyre selling but then again im not sure how much conversation that would spawn as everyone would probably be wearing one...

Quote by Ripping Corpse
I'll go. Toxic Holocaust are awesome

If youre in NY go next Sunday hehe, it seems like Toxic Holocaust opens for all the bands I wanna seem, they seem pretty cool
Bodom shirt might be bad, you may look like a non-kvlt poser. Which is stupid.

I dunno, just talk to the people next to you (stay clear of the moshpits if you wanna have a decent conversation).
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
Quote by SinSyringe
I only have a Bodom shirt since this is my 2nd concert idk if I should wear it, ill probs buy a satyricon shirt if theyre selling but then again im not sure how much conversation that would spawn as everyone would probably be wearing one...

Don't wear the Children of Bodom shirt. Trust me.
Quote by MyNameIsLame
Bodom shirt might be bad, you may look like a non-kvlt poser. Which is stupid.

I dunno, just talk to the people next to you (stay clear of the moshpits if you wanna have a decent conversation).

Yea thats what I thought, I guess I'll try to get a Satyricon shirt or look for an obscure band shirt like jackyl advised before going
Quote by the_jackyl
Don't wear the Children of Bodom shirt. Trust me.

Let him wear what the fuck he wants

Because everyone's gonna judge him based on the shirt he wears

Seriously, no one judges anyone based on band shirts except for immature kids
Quote by TheReverend724

He's going to a black metal concert. The kid in the Horna shirt is definitely gonna be like "Pfft, Children of Bodom? What a pussy." and it'll probably cause unnecessary drama.
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
Quote by TheReverend724

Yeah, I think in this instance, he's better off w/o the CoB just because of the kvlt black metal crowd.
Woodland Critter Blood Orgy?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Hereiwas

Yes. They have to otherwise Satan will not grant them the power to play this at 500 bpm
e ---------------------------------
B ---------------------------------
G ---------------------------------
D ---------------------------------
A ---------------------------------
E 000-000-000-000-000-000
Quote by Heminator89
Yes. They have to otherwise Satan will not grant them the power to play this at 500 bpm
e 000-000-000-000-000-000
B ---------------------------------
G ---------------------------------
D ---------------------------------
A ---------------------------------
E ---------------------------------

Fixed.
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Yeah, I think in this instance, he's better off w/o the CoB just because of the kvlt black metal crowd.

I often wear pop-punk or ska shirts to Death and Black Metal shows
Dude it's Satyricon, it's not freaking' Moonblood or something, they're hardly as black metal as they used to be so I wouldn't worry, only pit I'd be a little worried about would be Toxic Holocaust because they're more thrashy. Have fun though.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by yoduh4077
1. Bring weed
3. ???????
4. Profit!

this
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
Ive seen satiricon before and there was nothing like that, seriously satr and co are just like your average rock stars.
New Gear Fund £155/£???
Quote by yoduh4077
1. Bring weed
3. Sell weed to new friends
4. Profit!

There ya go, its what I would do.
Page 1 of 2