I'm currently looking to buy a 2x12 and Zilla cabs are doing a deal - They are selling Celestion G12M Greenbacks for £120 instead of £145, but the Celestion G12H30's which are £160.

I'm looking for blues, classic rock tone e.g. Gary Moore, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac etc.

I'm playing a Marshall Class 5.

Cheers,
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Is that the cheapest you can get them for? Zilla are pretty expensive to buy from and I'm sure you can get them cheaper elsewhere.

Just to be sure, are we talking about individual speakers or loaded cabs as the prices on the website state the price for cabs without speakers.
they have ex-demo gear and they are selling a 2x12 for £150 and 2 G12M Greenbacks for £120.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I would check out your local gumtree and eBay, just to see if there is anything else out there that may interest you.

Zilla stuff is very nice looking etc, but £150 for an empty cab is steep. The Greenback prices are okay actually, but if your heart is set, I couldn't and wouldn't stop you.

How does an empty cab qualify as ex-demo? Did people use it as a stool or something

How's your class 5 by the way? I've not had the chance to try one yet.
I tried it out properly and band practice today and it sounded great, really nice bluesy/rocky tone, but I'm getting new pickups as the lead tone sounded thin
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
I tried it out properly and band practice today and it sounded great, really nice bluesy/rocky tone, but I'm getting new pickups as the lead tone sounded thin

Cool. If it had power scaling like my amp, I'd get it instantly I think.

Have you ever considered a Tokai Les Paul? Even the Chinese made models (as cheap as £220) have Tokai's superb MK.4 pickups in them. I had an SG model at one point that was immense. Depending on what pickups you are planining on getting it could work out only a little more than some boutique pickups as well as giving you a backup guitar in your Les Paul?

Just an idea...
I haven't got the money for another guitar, but currently I'm either getting Swineshead Warthog and Cond or Irongear Rolling Mills.
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
I prefer G12H30s myself. But £160? Are you looking at the Heritage or 70th Anniversary?

G12H30s are cleaner and tighter than greenbacks. More defined low end, more balanced overall imo, Greenbacks are dirtier, have a softer attack and a more aggressive high end (though I consider the G12H30s "brighter" if that makes sense). It's really down to personal preference. However, G12H30s require a ton of break in time, otherwise they can get a little ice-picky. Especially if you're using an already bright amp.
Last edited by al112987 at Oct 17, 2009,
They only stock the heritage 30. On Zilla cabs - Celestion G12h30's = £80 each
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
I haven't got the money for another guitar, but currently I'm either getting Swineshead Warthog and Cond or Irongear Rolling Mills.

Fair play - I've just seen the price of the Rolling Mills - superb deal if they are any good...

I've actually never heard of them before, are they good?
Quote by Jak Archer

you probably don't want to hear this, but SH's prices have shot up recently...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Yh, I know but a website "guitarpartsshop" have the price up for £50 and they said "they were unnaware of the price increase of SH so they would do them for £50" But i'm still waiting for them to be delivered.

Anyway, but has anyone tried the Tayden True Brit?
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
oh, ok. do you have a link? i didn't know SH had any dealers.

haven't tried any taydens, sorry. i suspect asking over at the BKP forum, as you've already done, is a good idea. You could try musicradar too, it's pretty UK-centric too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
excellent, thanks. I don't need any at the moment or anything, but it's nice to know. If you can get them at that price, SHs are pretty nice. for blues and classic rock, though, a runaway in the bridge might be nicer. I have a warthog, and from what I can remember (it's not wired up, and hasn't been for a while ), it's a bit more compressed than classic rock and blues generally is- more a satriani style of pickup. EDIT: i should add that I haven't tried the runaway. I've got the neck condor, though, and again from what I remember, should be perfect for what you're after.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Rather than the Rolling Mills, I'd get the slightly more expensive PAF copies, cant remember what they're called.