ok for those who dont know what guitar I'm referring to, its this
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/esp/f-50/index.html

so basically I`ve been playing guitar for 1 year plus, im looking for a new guitar
im currently using a replica of epiphone lespaul, I bought it from my fren cause it was extremely cheap .. its 200MYR, im from malaysia (those who doesnt know where the country is , its above australia, no not indonesia) so I guess its around U$D60-70...

so I was wondering should I get that ltd f-50 for RM990 roughly around U$D350? or should I get other guitars ...

so yeah.. i need feedbacks D:
I wouldn't pay 350 for one here in canada, but I'm not sure if guitars are much more expensive or not. They aren't great, nice beginner guitars but not much of an upgrade.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
well im just doing a rough calculation of the price over in the U.S XD
yeahh alot of my frens also said is beginner's guitar ..
my dealer said if I mod it with EMG 81 85 would be awesome ..
but the problem is .. is it WORTH buying that guitar?
well 1 year plus of guitar experience is considered as a beginner eh? XD
I have one as my Drop C tuned guitar, and I was pleasantly surprised considering the price.

I would say buy one.
Quote by zeon
well im just doing a rough calculation of the price over in the U.S XD
yeahh alot of my frens also said is beginner's guitar ..
my dealer said if I mod it with EMG 81 85 would be awesome ..
but the problem is .. is it WORTH buying that guitar?
well 1 year plus of guitar experience is considered as a beginner eh? XD

Sorry I didn't mean that you were a beginner lol.

If the agathis wood doesn't bother you, then its fine if you plan on modding it. Unless you have a tube amp, I'd say get passives and not actives.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
hahah no problem joe =)
anyway I thought the body wood is rosewood and the neck is maple?
whats the difference between passive and active pickups?
and darkcheef, I am using a cheapo ashton amp =x i dont know how many watts is it but it says here 240 volt? O_o
Trust me, anything under the 400s, but I'll be generous, under the 200s series (and that's really generous) sucks. Anything cheap ESP puts out usually sucks although their 400 and especially 1000 series guitars are really nice.

The F-50 is made of agathis... That is like a clear indicator that it's a cheap guitar.. I personally do not like agathis at all. Save a bit more money, get a little better, and buy a better guitar.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
i see, so its not rosewood but it is agathis?O_o
i was planning to get a jackson, but I heard that the new jackson series are not that good anymore.. so anymore suggestion? T_T
Have u had a look at ibanez im sure they have something decent in there range that will fit ur price range.

What jackson were u thinking of getting?

Also u might try going used ... u should be able to pick up something decent with ur budget.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Actually they use basswood on their newer F-50 models which is quite nice (many Ibanez guitars are made of basswood). I got the older model which has agathis body and it's not bad at all. Pickups are poor though...
Wow $350 US?? I think I'd keep looking if I were you. I have seen those for under $150 used here in the USA. If your exchange calculation is in the ballpark that seems really high to me.
ahhh.. I see.
I'm in a dilemma now, whether should i continue saving my money or get this one.
Whats the difference with rosewood and agathis? my dealer said that F-50 is made of rosewood =\
The fretboard will be rosewood if that's what he means?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
yeah thats what I think also, oh well more research, it won't kill me.
it is THAT hard to choose a guitar eh?
Quote by halo71
Wow $350 US?? I think I'd keep looking if I were you. I have seen those for under $150 used here in the USA. If your exchange calculation is in the ballpark that seems really high to me.

You can't do straight current changes with guitars, they can be cheaper in some areas and expensive in others.