This week i came up with some riffs,and decided to do my first instrumental,since i haven't made one ever.
You can listen to it in my profile.I will definitely change 2-nd part of the solo.
Now feel free to constructively criticize it!
Last edited by Entru at Oct 17, 2009,
Crit as i go.
The riff is quite nice and your tone is pretty suiting for it.
The guitar is kinda out of tune sounding though and it's untight rythmicaly.
Solo came in now. Well so far, this sounds like a normal song with the vocals removed. The guitar isn't really interesting enough to be enterntaining for 3:18 minutes.
There's pretty much two schools of instrumental rock; one is where the lead is the driving force through the whole thing and the other is what you're doing. Interesting riffing with a solo part.

I don't know if you have but look into some recent Buckethead. He does alot of similar stuff.
It will surely inspire you. Fish for ideas.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217037
Quote by Evil_Magician
Crit as i go.
The riff is quite nice and your tone is pretty suiting for it.
The guitar is kinda out of tune sounding though and it's untight rythmicaly.
Solo came in now. Well so far, this sounds like a normal song with the vocals removed. The guitar isn't really interesting enough to be enterntaining for 3:18 minutes.
There's pretty much two schools of instrumental rock; one is where the lead is the driving force through the whole thing and the other is what you're doing. Interesting riffing with a solo part.

I don't know if you have but look into some recent Buckethead. He does alot of similar stuff.
It will surely inspire you. Fish for ideas.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217037

Thanks for crit.This one was inspired by some of Frank Klepacki's OST's,thats why its not so interesting for 3:18.And it also was my first one...
But i will write more instrumentals,you know,practice makes it all better.
Guitar tone was quite nice, couple of notes sounded off, but overall it's pretty good. I liked the solo, nice playing. Although I felt the drums are a little loud and don't match up with the guitar at the beginning when they enter, but it gets better as the song goes on. Definetly agree about the Buckethead comment! I think if you redo the solo as you've said and maybe work a little on drums you'll have something good here
Quote by rko
Guitar tone was quite nice, couple of notes sounded off, but overall it's pretty good. I liked the solo, nice playing. Although I felt the drums are a little loud and don't match up with the guitar at the beginning when they enter, but it gets better as the song goes on. Definetly agree about the Buckethead comment! I think if you redo the solo as you've said and maybe work a little on drums you'll have something good here

Thank you.I will work on this demo more when i will have enough time.Maybe finnaly it will become something interesting.
Nice riff, very catchy! The drum is a loop effect, right? It sounds quite good together, the little licks in between the chords are quite clever, very good indeed.

It's closer to metal than rock though. I would add some bass in to make the whole thing sound thicker. The solo sounds pretty awesome it just doesn't seem to fit the backing rhythm (melody-wise). It's a pretty cool creation, nice work just tweak it here and there!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22010673#post22010673
Quote by thedefrockednun
Nice riff, very catchy! The drum is a loop effect, right? It sounds quite good together, the little licks in between the chords are quite clever, very good indeed.

It's closer to metal than rock though. I would add some bass in to make the whole thing sound thicker. The solo sounds pretty awesome it just doesn't seem to fit the backing rhythm (melody-wise). It's a pretty cool creation, nice work just tweak it here and there!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22010673#post22010673

Thanks for commenting.
Actually i never use loops or something that is already done.I wrote drums from scratch using vst Addictive drums.
And as i said i will update this track,but i think i will write one or two other instrumentals before i'll return to this one.
Nice song. Like the riffs in the intro and throughout the song. I think you could double the guitar, and maybe add some harmonies, that would help make it more interesting. Drums were ok but something rubbed me the wrong way about them, not sure what it was. Solo wasn't bad but it kinda bored me. Adding bass and vocals would help a lot. So yeah cool song, just needs a little sprucing up.
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
Quote by GuyWithOneEye
Nice song. Like the riffs in the intro and throughout the song. I think you could double the guitar, and maybe add some harmonies, that would help make it more interesting. Drums were ok but something rubbed me the wrong way about them, not sure what it was. Solo wasn't bad but it kinda bored me. Adding bass and vocals would help a lot. So yeah cool song, just needs a little sprucing up.

Thanks.I already have some nice ideas on how to improve this track,i think i'll re-record it next weekend.