Hey,
not sure if this is the right place to post but here it goes.

So basically I really want start a band, problem is there's barely anyone that lives near me that I know who wants to be in a band or that plays an instrument ( I live in a place full of wanna be gangstas )

Though there's a few people who I do know, but i've been in a band with them before and they're really difficult. One of them would only play metallica and nothing else, the other has no motivation (doesn't seem like he wants to play the bass) and the other one is o.k, but he never knows what he wants to do and gets frustrated easy.

So the real question is how do you meet people interested in instruments/music/being in a band?

Thanks in advance
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Here I'll help you out by saying remake this thread over in band leading, you'll probably get some better responses, in the pit all you're gonna get is fap.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
fap
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by I am wet
Here I'll help you out by saying remake this thread over in band leading, you'll probably get some better responses, in the pit all you're gonna get is fap.

Yeah thanks, i'll post it over then

The pit has more than fap...........I mean like they've got all those cannibal corpse references and ****

guitar hero!! i bet you can do it on expert

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by I am wet

Quote by ilovepepsi
fap

****in' win!
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
Perform as a solo act (given that everyone is a Gangstarrrr) or make new friends with motivation
He who knows all, knows nothing in the eye of a imbecile.
Quote by speedy1330
guitar hero!! i bet you can do it on expert

You would lose that bet, i've played guitar hero once, and it's pretty ****, rockband on the other hand though.....is still ****

Last edited by padgea7x at Oct 17, 2009,
Musician 1: Would you like to join/ form a band?

Musician 2: Yes/ No.

Repeat till you have required amount of band members.
Quote by guitar12
Musician 1: Would you like to join/ form a band?

Musician 2: Yes/ No.

Repeat till you have required amount of band members.

I like the way you think.
Wow, I'm in the exact situation. My and my best friend want a band, and the people we've played with are difficult. We want just a straight up hardcore heavy as **** band... but are old vocalist kept trying to force like grindcore and powerviolence down are throats, while we already had good stuff written.

Got sick of the band and disbanded. Now me and my best friend (me=guitar, him=bass) just write music and hope we can find a drummer and vocalist, but there's nobody around except gangsters and rednecks, and everyone that goes to hardcore shows really don't play instruments, or are already in a band.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You appear to lacking the much more vital skill of meeting people.

Thus I posted rockband, you can find people online to play with
I posted/replied to adverts on gumtree, worked like a charm!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Drink. A lot. By the time the hangover passed I had a bassist and a drummer.
well you start a band by finding people who play the different instruments/sing. If you don't have anyone interested in starting a band, then its tough luck starting one.

start getting more into the scene and get numbers and connections and eventually you'll run into a group of people. Concerts are a great way of meeting potential bandmates. Just ask around if people play instruments, strike up a convo, and entertain the idea of them joining your band. if they think its a good idea too, then jam with them sometime and if they are a good fit, then voila, you have a bandmember.

you get the idea....
Quote by WastedxYears
well you start a band by finding people who play the different instruments/sing. If you don't have anyone interested in starting a band, then its tough luck starting one.

start getting more into the scene and get numbers and connections and eventually you'll run into a group of people. Concerts are a great way of meeting potential bandmates. Just ask around if people play instruments, strike up a convo, and entertain the idea of them joining your band. if they think its a good idea too, then jam with them sometime and if they are a good fit, then voila, you have a bandmember.

you get the idea....

Are you suggesting we simply 'walk' from the protective confines of our homes for the harsh outdoors and... socialize?

A laughable suggestion at best.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Advertise around in your school or at the local music store if they allow you to do. Make a sheet with some information: music style you would like to play, how much experience they need, your phone number to contact you, ...

However, it can be pretty difficult to find people for the band and the members can be really annoying. Also friends are not always the right people for a band. I experienced it myself.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Dont set your standards too high, look for people that are motivated to being in a band and are always practicing rather than already having the skills and dont care that much.

A few sessions of me and a m8 in music having a jam and that was really what did it, kid asked us if he could drum, he wasnt the best but hes pretty good now, then month later got this singer that i knew from one of my old bands that was still trying to improve each week. But yeah, we had about 3-4 failed band attempts before that. go figure