Hey,
Posted in the wrong place before so i'm re-posting it here

So basically I really want start a band, problem is there's barely anyone that lives near me that I know who wants to be in a band or that plays an instrument ( I live in a place full of wanna be gangstas )

Though there's a few people who I do know, but i've been in a band with them before and they're really difficult. One of them would only play metallica and nothing else, the other has no motivation (doesn't seem like he wants to play the bass) and the other one is o.k, but he never knows what he wants to do and gets frustrated easy.

So the real question is how do you meet people interested in instruments/music/being in a band?

Oh yeah and I really want to learn to sing but i have no confidence at all, anything to help with that?

Thanks in advance
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Buy a packet of cigarettes and a lighter, and head to your nearest music college.
Have you tried the musician classified ads? Make a detailed list of what you'd like to sound like, what gear you have, when you can practice, where you live, etc. Someone's bound to answer eventually.

And to boost confidence singing, sing along with your favorite tunes. In the shower, while doing homework, in the car, whenever. It helps more than you'd think.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Quote by yoduh4077
Have you tried the musician classified ads? Make a detailed list of what you'd like to sound like, what gear you have, when you can practice, where you live, etc. Someone's bound to answer eventually.

And to boost confidence singing, sing along with your favorite tunes. In the shower, while doing homework, in the car, whenever. It helps more than you'd think.

No, but i'll post one up tomorrow. I'll be sure follow those guidelines aswell.

Thanks I will do that.

Your advice is good
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by padgea7x
Your advice is good

SMILE STACK!!

Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
I don't really have any tips on starting a band, but i started practising singing about 6 months ago, and i've gotten much better. I'm not really good, but better than before.
For singing, I would suggest getting some vocal lessons. I've learned that a lot of the time, vocal lessons' main ability is not to raise someone's singing ability (though it does) but give them the confidence to sing. And have the other people talked about originals?
Quote by yoduh4077

+1
leave it to the drummer to make a good post on UG
Quote by pepsi1187
look around on like craigslist for ads.

this.

also try posting your own with the previously stated guidelines... between posting your own and searching for one, you should be able to find exactly what you're looking for
Today's "I can't get a band coz I live in x place" is set in Dewsbury, England.

Dewsbury has a population of roughly 55,000. This makes it the largest group of wanna-be ganstaz in the world. Unfortunately as we all know, gangstaz can't play musical instruments so no bands get formed, and the town itself is devoid of live music, all the time.

Oh wait, TS didn't try hard enough? Wow.

Edit: The more you sing the more confident you will get. There's a singing forum on UG if you want more specific advice.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Last edited by AlanHB at Oct 22, 2009,
Quote by blue_strat
Buy a packet of cigarettes and a lighter, and head to your nearest music college.

Smile Cab with a Lol Head.
Quote by blue_strat

Brilliant .

TS, school my friend. Ask around at your school, and if there's no takers, local schools which you have friends at. Basically, networking my friend

Sanity is not statistical