Hey,

I've just gotten to the point where I feel like I need to upgrade off my first amp (an MG ). So, i'm looking for an all-out Rock 'N Roll Machine for about £800. Right now, I reckon my options are like:

-Bugera 6262 w/ Orange PPC212 Cab
-Vox AC30
-ValveKing

Only 1 of the 3 i've played is the ValveKing which I didn't mind but it wasn't the warmest sounding amp ever. This is a problem because that's exactly what I want. Warm, Deep, Crunch. That's in essence what I want. I do need a fair amount of gain, enough to get up to Metallica with a TubeScreamer. I know i'll get that with the 6262 and the ValveKing, what about the AC30?

Guitar wise, I play a Vintage VS6 (Very nice guitar). It'll be getting a pair of BKP's at some point, probably Nailbombs. So my guitar will not be a problem hopefully.

Bands I'd like to nail are:-

- Foo Fighters
- Paramore
- YouMeAtSix
- All Time Low
- Between the Buried and Me
- Tool
- Metallica

Really, the Pop-Rock stuff is more important as that's what my band is all about but I do like to play a bit of Metal. Please hook me up with suggestions.
I like the Bugera.

I think "Rock & Roll Machine" was the name of an album by Triumph.
Orange rockerverb will do just about everything your after. warm crunch and will go well with a tube screamer and it will do metal without it aswell. but they do have one of the best crunch sounds iv heard.
Maybe check out the Bugeras? The 1960 sounds really warm, but since you play heavier material maybe look into the 1990?
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
Orange rockerverb will do just about everything your after. warm crunch and will go well with a tube screamer and it will do metal without it aswell. but they do have one of the best crunch sounds iv heard.

Sorry, forgot to say I need both the cab and amp (or a combo) for the £800. Any love for the AC30. I've never played a Vox so I don't really get what "their sound" is.
Quote by willT08
Sorry, forgot to say I need both the cab and amp (or a combo) for the £800. Any love for the AC30. I've never played a Vox so I don't really get what "their sound" is.

The AC30 is by far the best amp out of the three but can't do half the stuff you listed by itself. Warm, chimey cleans, gritty overdrive, thick crunch.
Edit: Read the list again AC30 is not for you
Last edited by Rhoads_1096 at Oct 17, 2009,