Poll: Which Amp Should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Amp Should I get?
The head & cab
1 17%
ga5
2 33%
ga15
3 50%
Voters: 6.
so im going to get a new tube amp. I was considering getting the epi vj then someone suggested the Harley Benton GA`s right now im swayed to the harleys as they are cheaper and are i think made in the same factory. Here is where my biggest problems starts i dont know how many watts or set up like combo or jnr half stack? so the ones im considering are:

Head & Cab

GA15

GA5

If i get the ga5 i can get a new pedal or two as i want to spend no more £135 but i dont know if im better off with one of the other two. I play blues/rock and classic rock and jam with mates very very rarely, oh and this will mainly be used as a bedroom. amp.
Quote by Pr0gNut
How dare you get all philosophical with logic and reasoning! This UG Sir,where one must blindly yell out opinions then viciously attack anyone who disagrees with said opinions.
If you don't need clean, just get the 5 watt one. And, you might as well get the Combo, nothing will be different.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I don't know the amps well, but I'd go for the GA15 for the 3-band EQ.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
bear in mind that neither of those has a master volume, and as such you're going to have to turn up LOUD to get classic rock overdrive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks for the replies, i think ill rule out the half stack thing as i think it would be overkill , i do use overdrive quite a bit so im not sure if ill be able to get it with the ga15 unless i buy a pedal whick i would have £10 left and with ga5 i could buy an eq pedal but at the same time i like the more controls and having the standby switch but im not sure its too big and also i heard people saying it was very dark sounding? but keep the replies coming pls:P
Quote by Pr0gNut
How dare you get all philosophical with logic and reasoning! This UG Sir,where one must blindly yell out opinions then viciously attack anyone who disagrees with said opinions.
can anyone else help? because im still not sure
Quote by Pr0gNut
personally, i would shy away from the GA5 because of the 8" speaker. i always feel they dont do most amps justice personally. 12" speakers are what i usually go for, though a 10" isnt a huge turn off. its got a different character to it, but one that still works.

so the question becomes, do you need the clean volume? the 15W version wont be a whole lot louder, it will just take longer to get overdriven. if you play with other people (like a drummer) and need a cleaner sound when turned up, the 15W version is the way to go. but you said you are mostly using this for bedroom stuff, so 5W is going to be fine.

so personally, the 5W mini-stack is what i would go for. if you can try the two versions out and dont have a problem with (or like) the small speaker, go for the combo. if you want the bit of extra low end that comes with the larger speaker, mini-stack is the way to go.
pretty much, jof. I haven't tried the harley bentons, but I have the epiphone valve junior, which allegedly is more or less the same thing. Might be a little dark, if it's anything like the VJ.

bear in mind, any of them is going to be pretty loud, and as such an overdrive (or even a distortion, or a fuzz, depending on what tones you're after) would generally be a pretty good idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?