Page 1 of 2
A little lesson for those trying to understand the 'friend zone' concept.

A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired.

There you have it. You have just been 'friend zoned'. And I did not write this but I am not sure who did. It's why I have it in quotes.

Aliens do exist. They're just waiting for Chuck Norris to die before they attack.

C4C - Songwriting and Lyrics

- Hung Up on You -
- Apathy Unending -
Last edited by FueLsTp at Oct 17, 2009,
I think we all know what friend zoning is all too well, thanks.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I think we all know what friend zoning is all too well, thanks.

Apparently some people could use a reminder!
Aliens do exist. They're just waiting for Chuck Norris to die before they attack.

C4C - Songwriting and Lyrics

- Hung Up on You -
- Apathy Unending -
I think a majority of guys (and possibly quite a few girls) have been or will be friend zoned at least once in their life, best thing to do is try and make the best of a bad situation and see if the zone-er has any other attractive friends or (if your sex drive is high and your morals are low) relatives.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
lol. it's so true.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I don't think i've ever been friendzoned to be honest. I've had female friends that I didn't want to ****. So I doubt that counts. Nice analogy.
The friend zone makes you learn from your mistakes.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Haha that's so true TS, nice find.

This exact thing happened to me yesterday with my girlfriend (Yes i managed to get FZd by my girlfriend >_>

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Awesome!! Story of my life haha

I think a majority of guys (and possibly quite a few girls) have been or will be friend zoned at least once in their life, best thing to do is try and make the best of a bad situation and see if the zone-er has any other attractive friends or (if your sex drive is high and your morals are low) relatives.

Relatives? Thats a good idea. . . .
Quote by El Hilliaro
Haha that's so true TS, nice find.

This exact thing happened to me yesterday with my girlfriend (Yes i managed to get FZd by my girlfriend >_>

she was probably never your girlfriend in the first place LOL denial much xD
Is it wrong that I friend zone a lot of girls?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Very very true.

...Oh, and I guess I'll be 'that guy'.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Yes I am friendzoned by my best mate. Its all good.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by Nelsean
Is it wrong that I friend zone a lot of girls?
Not wrong at all. Cuz you can't really FZ anyone. They do that to themself.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Not wrong at all. Cuz you can't really FZ anyone. They do that to themself.

Thats what I figured.

Stop trying to be their friends you idiots. Gotta be assertive and show them that you want to be their man.

If she doesnt bite, then find someone else and try not to be their friend next time.

the friend zone is only an issue with people who are desperate for love, impatient, or dont realize that for about 99% of girls on earth, youre better off as friends. I have at least 10-15 ladyfriends that consider me one of their closest friends, if not their closest guy friend. They're all gonna be much more reliable, supportive, and fun than if they were my girlfriends. And if one of them develops into a relationship then awesome, but whatever, its all about patience
Quote by Nelsean
Thats what I figured.

Stop trying to be their friends you idiots. Gotta be assertive and show them that you want to be their man.

If she doesnt bite, then find someone else and try not to be their friend next time.

The girl I was talking about was my girlfriend, then she broke up with me and fz'd me.
if your in the friend zone is it harder to catch them in my balls?

ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by Cymbalez
The girl I was talking about was my girlfriend, then she broke up with me and fz'd me.

Thats a different story though. You actually had the chance to be with her, but somewhere along the way the relationship went sour and now you're just friends. It happens. Don't get caught up over it, there's plenty of other girls out there.

Also, if you do find someone else, watch her become jealous because she probably expects you to keep trying to go out with her as her own confidence booster. Don't become her puppet, and move on with your life. It'll feel a lot better.

Quote by Psychaberration
the friend zone is only an issue with people who are desperate for love, impatient, or dont realize that for about 99% of girls on earth, youre better off as friends. I have at least 10-15 ladyfriends that consider me one of their closest friends, if not their closest guy friend. They're all gonna be much more reliable, supportive, and fun than if they were my girlfriends. And if one of them develops into a relationship then awesome, but whatever, its all about patience
Psychaberration, the emotional tampon to many...
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by Nelsean
Thats a different story though. You actually had the chance to be with her, but somewhere along the way the relationship went sour and now you're just friends. It happens. Don't get caught up over it, there's plenty of other girls out there.

Also, if you do find someone else, watch her become jealous because she probably expects you to keep trying to go out with her as her own confidence booster. Don't become her puppet, and move on with your life. It'll feel a lot better.

This, if a relationship doesn't work out it's better to come out of it as friends instead of not talking to each other again.
Quote by Nelsean

She dumped me for another guy and is dating him now.

And I'm still fz'd.

I ****ing HATE this zone.

EDIT: lol sorry this isn't the relationship thread :p
Quote by Nelsean
Thats what I figured.

this
people say about learning from it but how exactly do you get friendzoned?? i always assumed it was because they didnt think you were "attractive"
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Quote by kwidjibo1
people say about learning from it but how exactly do you get friendzoned?? i always assumed it was because they didnt think you were "attractive"

No it's when women don't think of you as a boyfriend, but rather someone they can talk to about their problems, and have a guys perspective on their relationships and things like that.

Honestly most relationships (atleast from the women point of view) don't rely on looks at all, for guys it's alot of looks, for women they are all about personality, so if you're a boring douche who's hot, you won't get many chicks, if you a fun cool guy who's ugly you'll be rollin in the bitches.
Last edited by Cymbalez at Oct 17, 2009,
Quote by Cymbalez
She dumped me for another guy and is dating him now.

And I'm still fz'd.

I ****ing HATE this zone.

EDIT: lol sorry this isn't the relationship thread :p
The get the hell out. Stop giving her your attention. Spend it on girls who you DO have a shot at. And don't give it up fo free. Make 'em work for it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
We all know friendzone. We all hate friend zone.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 2