When do you create best? Create being music, art, dancing, video, whatever.
I find that I can write music best when I haven't slept and am exhausted, I think because I'm so tired my head is just empty and the music can just flow out like when you have to pee really bad but can't because you're in line at the post office and you've been waiting half an hour and you're two people away from getting to the teller but the post-teller person for some reason leaves for an hour.

so under which circumstances do you find you create best?
I create the best poops after several days of healthy eating.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

At night, like in the early hours of the morning, for some reason I become really creative at night.

Wuhey
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
When I haven't eaten in a while. I actually get discouraged when I get hungry when I'm playing guitar because I know once I eat I'll lose my focus.

Aslo, at night, when everyone is asleep. Something about the silence in the air stimulates some creative nerve somewhere to want to fill it with awesome.

Quote by CoreysMonster
the music can just flow out like when you have to pee really bad but can't because you're in line at the post office and you've been waiting half an hour and you're two people away from getting to the teller but the post-teller person for some reason leaves for an hour.

Last edited by archangels666 at Oct 17, 2009,
I create best at 3:01 am if there is a full moon and a half naked swedish woman walking down the road in a south easterly direction with the wind blowing due south at 5mph and the humidity is exactly 5.01385%.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
I create best at 3:01 am if there is a full moon and a half naked swedish woman walking down the road in a south easterly direction with the wind blowing due south at 5mph and the humidity is exactly 5.01385%.

So...never?
Quote by Guitardude19

I for some reason read that with the picture of your avatar in mind with the voice of professor Farnsworth from futurama
its just whenever i have an idea. i dont find my creativity is confined to certain locations or mindsets. on a nice dose of opiates i love nothing more than embarking on some creative endeavors, but they arent particularly any better or worse than while sober.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by CoreysMonster
I for some reason read that with the picture of your avatar in mind with the voice of professor Farnsworth from futurama

Futurama ftfw xD
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I create best right after I get really into a album/band. I just use it as huge inspiration.
At night with an active mind when there is nothing distracting me. I'm also nocturnal. I don't write music though - don't play very often. But I'd like to think of myself as a writer even though the well is rather dry at the moment. I don't know, I just get things done better then.
Quote by Jobe_13
I create best right after I get really into a album/band. I just use it as huge inspiration.

Same-y same here. It just kickstarts the music-y-ness in me.
Quote by Jobe_13

Same, i am also most creative when i am going through extreme emotions, or if i haven't played my guitar in a while.

I know it sounds a bit strange, but i also try and think of unusal ways of thinking and a quirky sense of humour, i can't help it, i just imagine really stupid things that somtimes make me laugh like an idiot in innapropriate places.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
After changing my guitar strings. I did that earlier today, and I couldn't put my guitar down for hours. It was awesome.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
When its raining and I leave the windows open so I can listen to it and theres a bit of a draft. Ideal creative conditions also require being in love.
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Last edited by GuyWhoDoesStuff at Oct 17, 2009,
Under pressure for a product. If someone expects X, I'll give them the best X they've ever seen.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
No idea to be honest. I usually write short novels late at night after drinking some wine and on my most loathesome and bitter mood.
I usually write all of my music in a very short span of time. Like 3-4 songs in a week and then nothing for weeks.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Oct 17, 2009,
I write a bit of fiction and poetry, but only when I'm in a very specific mood. I have to be somewhat tired, vaguely depressed, but with my mind racing at the same time.
kill all humans
Normally its after I havent played in a few weeks and then it depends on what mood im in. If im pissed off, I write some pretty good metal. If Im depressed, well I write some pretty good (or decent), "bluesy" type stuff, and if Im just in an all around good mood, usually some funky upbeat something.

EDIT: And no matter what mood Im in I never get to write lyrics to any music I write.
Play the Art that Plays
Last edited by bastratard at Oct 17, 2009,
I rarely am.. Which isn't good.. I have no motivation to do anything though because my life sucks major balls.. If I had a more interesting life I'd probably have more things to inspire me.

Seriously, I hate my life.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
I rarely am.. Which isn't good.. I have no motivation to do anything though because my life sucks major balls.. If I had a more interesting life I'd probably have more things to inspire me.

Seriously, I hate my life.

Depression and loneliness is a major inspiration for me.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

True.. But at a certain point is kinda makes me lethargic..
at night when i cant sleep i write some really good poetry and ****.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

sadly, a +1. but my lyrics and music are better because of it. so i'm not sure how i should feel about this.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by Zoot Allures
I dunno man, you cant create blues if you're in love at least.. xD
what if its unrequited?
you still have zoiiidbeeeerg
(V) (;,,;) (V)
YOU ALL STILL HAVE ZOIDBERG
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's more shocking to see Tom dressed at all.
Quote by suckersdream
I don't think I've ever actually seen him clothed.
Sexy Peoples Only
◕ ‿ ◕
TweetZ
Im a night person so I find that my most creative periods come late at night. Usually while lying in bed trying to sleep I get inundated with ideas. Things to draw or things to build. I used to keep a pad and pen beside my bed so that I could do rough sketches of the things I saw in my mind then. Then when I would wake up in the morning I would attempt to better draw them out but I had lost the vision of what it was so it was really hard to do. Now when something comes to me at night I will sit there and draw it exactly as it is in my head before I go to sleep that way I dont lose the idea I had.

I have also found that when I want to do my best "dark" work it helps if I am depressed. Plus since I suffer from clinical depression and bipolar disorder I can usually bang those darker images out faster then I can the happier more fum pictures.
After smoking cannabis/salvia or after a long day in the mountains.
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
When it's late at night in one of my more depressed moods, so I really don't have anything else on my mind.
when im depressed and really high
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30