I have been trying to play faster, so I've been playing the E minor scale with a metronome, gradually increasing speed. Right now I can play sixteenth notes at 95 bpm. How fast can you guys play?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Speed comes with precision. I don't work on speed, just my playing which gets faster as I get better. But congratulations: now you are able to whip out a super fast e minor scale when the need arises
How fast are you? I don't know what kind of answer you want. Do you want nps or just someone to say "omg bro, you are so fast"?

Anyway, I don't mean to brag, but I am really fast. My profile has some songs I recorded about a year ago, a couple of them have really fast playing. I don't know the details, but it's fast. I once got clocked at 16 nps, but it was a while ago, and was somewhat messy.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by darkwolf291
30 seconds
EDIT: i think i misunderstood the thread title

I see what you did there... ;-)
16th note triplets at 132bmp is my fastest (while still clean and accurate)

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Try the solos in Metallica's All Nightmare Long off Death Magnetic. The first one his 184 BPM w/16th note sextuplets. Of course the legato helps out.
Quote by darkwolf291
30 seconds
EDIT: i think i misunderstood the thread title

You didn't even actually edit it, lol...

Piss fast. 24NPS Alt picking, and +30NPS Sweeping.

BTW, there have been far too many of these threads that get closed, I myself posted like 3.

Where is Freepower to close this? He hates these Threads.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
20NPS? Did I do that right? Probably not? Well 1600 Notes at 1.5BPM is 20nps.

Now, YOU are fast. Checked out your MP3s.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Perhaps this dude wanted an honest comparison with some other guitarists to gauge fast he is, why do some feel the need to be complete wankers and wreck the thread. Get a life.
Guitar FTW
I have been playing for 9 months or so. On one string (Like the Welcome To Bucketheadland Main riff) I can do 145 bpm. On an actual scale crossing all the strings, 95 bpm max on a good day.
Is that alright for how long I have been playing?
Quote by GoldfishMoon
I have been playing for 9 months or so. On one string (Like the Welcome To Bucketheadland Main riff) I can do 145 bpm. On an actual scale crossing all the strings, 95 bpm max on a good day.
Is that alright for how long I have been playing?

If it is accurate then sure

But Talent =/= Speed IMO
Quote by darkcheef
If it is accurate then sure

But Talent =/= Speed IMO

So true. I spent my first 6 or so months of playing just chasing speed. Sure, I got faster, but I wasn't really enjoying it. The last few months I have been busy with exams and stuff, so I haven't had any real practice like I used to, I just improvised a lot. This really made me better. I stopped trying to play faster and started to trying to play better. With the holidays coming up, I'll probably split my time between technical excercises, and just enjoying where I am at that point.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
You didn't even actually edit it, lol...

Piss fast. 24NPS Alt picking, and +30NPS Sweeping.

BTW, there have been far too many of these threads that get closed, I myself posted like 3.

Where is Freepower to close this? He hates these Threads.

He does.

Considering I actually run the fastest guitarist thread, I'm aware of how fast Xnps actually is - and how few people can actually play at those speeds.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of UG's shredders seem to think their two or three quickish, sloppy patterns elevate them to the level of technical excellence of professional musicians who can play those same patterns, perfectly, in live situations while playing with feel and confidence.