View poll results: Which paper?
Option #1
6 10%
Option #2
14 24%
Option #3
39 66%
Voters: 59.
I have a project due this Wednesday in AP Lit/Comp on Frankenstein. My teacher gave the class a list of possible projects to do / papers to write and so far i've narrowed it down to 3 possibilities.

1. A 3 page paper on Mary Shelly, Percy Shelly, and Lord Byron. (not 3 pages for each)

2. A 2 page paper on the Industrial Revolution PLUS a 1 page paper on how the Industrial Revolution relates to Frankenstein.

3. A 3 page paper on what makes a novel/film scary.

The third one would be the most interesting to do, but i don't know if i could fill out 3 pages on it.

What do you think, Pit?

JEDIT: She stated option #3 like this:
"Explore the horror genre: Find research on what makes a novel/film scary. Write a 3 page paper. Include documentation and a works cited page."

they all also must have documentation and a works cited page.
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
Last edited by JRib1216 at Oct 17, 2009,
Option 3.

Because it's more opinion based.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Option 1 would probably have the most information readily available.

This.

You could fill it up with a bunch of information and wouldn't even have to put any thought into it.

For the other two, you'd have to actually come up with your own coherent thoughts.
Quote by archangels666
This.

You could fill it up with a bunch of information and wouldn't even have to put any thought into it.

For the other two, you'd have to actually come up with your own coherent thoughts.

That's what I was thinking, but how would I organize all of the information?
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Option 3. Horror movies/novels are awesome and your teacher is cool for letting you write a report about it.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Option 2 has Frankenstein.

Option 2.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Exploration of a genre is easy. If you fail doing that then you aren't going to get very far.
Option 3
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I would pick 2, as you could easily fill up 100 pages with the Industrial Revolution.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Option #3.
I agree, #1 is extremely easy. You could just copy and paste from Wikipedia, but let's not be numb. Use your brain a little and get creative with #3.
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
Option 3, and spend a couple of hours in the nightmare inducement thread.
you played us

as both a cancer and a cure
Squier Tele Custom
Laney TF300
#1 is easy but you'd get bored of writing it easily. #2 is a bit more fun (finding a relation between things) but still #3 seems to be the most pleasant and fun to do - you can watch a bunch of horror movies with your friends and then discuss which parts were scary, if you're more into novels then you can read some horror stories, you can juxtapose old horror (fear of the unknown and supernatural ie. Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street, Alien, maybe Hellraiser) and "new' horror based on gore and human murderers (Saw series, Hostel, Final Destination series), obviously you gotta describe basic traits of a horror movie (alienation, separating from group, darkness) etc. etc. etc.

Gosh, wish I could write it xD
Quote by zombiak
#1 is easy but you'd get bored of writing it easily. #2 is a bit more fun (finding a relation between things) but still #3 seems to be the most pleasant and fun to do - you can watch a bunch of horror movies with your friends and then discuss which parts were scary, if you're more into novels then you can read some horror stories, you can juxtapose old horror (fear of the unknown and supernatural ie. Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street, Alien, maybe Hellraiser) and "new' horror based on gore and human murderers (Saw series, Hostel, Final Destination series), obviously you gotta describe basic traits of a horror movie (alienation, separating from group, darkness) etc. etc. etc.

Gosh, wish I could write it xD

well...you COULD..
TABBERS WANTED
Option 3 is easy and that why you should NOT do it. Your teacher will get bored on everyone writing about some boring opinion crap. I would never choose 3.

Option 2 (especially part 2) has the most potential because you can actually write on all three subject in one and make more complete literary analysis.

EDIT: Then again, if you're only writing three pages, that's nothing. If it were an 8-10 page paper, then Option 2 would be the best.
Last edited by hunterman at Oct 17, 2009,
Option 1 or Option 3.
Poets and Literature in general is easy and interesting to explore; and to write about, considering the amount of information one may find on the net.

Option 3 has the same advantages as the first, and it should also be subjective no? Thus making it even easier to write as long as your thoughts are well processed and you write logically.
Although writing 3 pages about might be difficult.
Quote by JRib1216
I have a project due this Wednesday in AP Lit/Comp on Frankenstein. My teacher gave the class a list of possible projects to do / papers to write and so far i've narrowed it down to 3 possibilities.

What do you think, Pit?

do it on this frankenstein?
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
#1 sounds way too boring for me. #2 would be easy after a little research and some creative thinking on your part. #3 is the most appealing to me cuz I'm a big Stephen King fan and I love the horror genre.

I say #2.