Hey guys, my first tube amp, which I bought used has finally pooped out on me. Its got four 6L6 power tubes and I had a few questions.

All the power tubes still glow like normal, but all the other symptoms of my amp still point to blown power tubes, so if they're still glowing fine as far as I can tell, does that mean they aren't the problem?

tubes are awfully expensive for this teenager and especially when I'm thinking of selling this amp for an orange tiny terror soon... i'd like to not put any more money in it than I have to. Could I only replace the one tube that's gone bad? I know in general you don't want to do this, its a lot like replacing just the string you break when it breaks, but still, is this feasible?

thanks a bunch
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
typically if you blow a tube you should only have to replace the thats bad, kinda like a tire ya know
there once was a signature here
No, with power tubes you should replace the entire quad.
Tubes glowing doesn't mean anything, what's wrong with the amp?
Quote by Roc8995
No, with power tubes you should replace the entire quad.
Tubes glowing doesn't mean anything, what's wrong with the amp?

The volume dropped suddenly during a show. Sounded like it lost about 1/3 total volume. When I turn it on from standby its loud like normal at first then it quiets down. and when I go from on to standby I get a little spike in volume again. The clean channel has terrible sounding distortion and when I turn my guitar's volume down while on the dirty channel so as to get a cleaned up tone, it loses waaaay more sustain than it should and still doesn't quite clean up right.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
That doesn't sound good. It doesn't strike me as a power tube issue, unfortunately, and those amps are notorious for power supply issues (actually, issues in general).
I'd take it in to a tech and have them poke around the power supply circuit, I think they'll find your issue there.