Page 1 of 2
An iMac G5 from right before the Intel transition has come into my possession: a family friend who got a new one and wanted to give his old one away gave it to me. Although I'm pretty stoked because my other PC has had a foot in the digi-grave for many years, lets just say that this computer is...limited, at least in terms of software.

Does anyone know any decent games which have been ported into PowerPC? FPSs and MMORPGs and the like? Cheers.
posting for info. I'm on the same boat
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
Some games make versions for Macs, but not many. Go to the apple store, they have a little section of games.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
WoW and Spore are a start, also @metaldud536, it was one of the last G5s so it's got a Radeo X600 Pro - probably **** by todays standards, but its better than my old bloody GeForce 2 MX And it probably runs some of the more popular games, even if you have to tone down the graphics a bit (and graphics are the last thing I care about: if I can play it with minimal lag, I'm happy).
Quote by kenan6346
WoW and Spore are a start, also @metaldud536, it was one of the last G5s so it's got a Radeo X600 Pro - probably **** by todays standards, but its better than my old bloody GeForce 2 MX And it probably runs some of the more popular games, even if you have to tone down the graphics a bit (and graphics are the last thing I care about: if I can play it with minimal lag, I'm happy).

Unreal Tournament 2004. I'm sure you can still find servers filled with people playing that game
@GaijinFoot: I'll give it a shot. Anyone know if you can get HL 2 on PPC?

@metaldud536: I'll try that too. Cheers.
Minesweeper?

Wait, that's for windows.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Minesweeper?

Wait, that's for windows.

macs can run minesweeper too!

I say WoW/Spore are the best two you'll find.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Zoso1994

I require a proof.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Zoso1994

I just checked on Spore; doesn't run on PowerPC Macs

PowerPC = fail, at least for PCs.
Well TS, you can't get any good games for a Mac, so I reccomend you to do one of the few useful things you can do with a Mac.

Use Safari to buy a PC.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

I can think of at least 2 things wrong with that title...

But for srs, Halo was ported to Macs some time ago.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
call of duty modern warfare
Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
to all the people saying you can run games on a Mac. As of right now I have Unreal Tournament (the original) and Half Life 2 on my MacBook Pro, and COD4 coming (just bought it on Ebay)
Quote by littlephil
to all the people saying you can run games on a Mac. As of right now I have Unreal Tournament (the original) and Half Life 2 on my MacBook Pro, and COD4 coming (just bought it on Ebay)

wat
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by littlephil

You can run 'em. There just aren't as many as there are for PC. Oh, and they are more expensive. I've seen old games that are still at original price (around £30-50) for the mac, where the PC version drops to sub £10 after a few years.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
You can run 'em. There just aren't as many as there are for PC. Oh, and they are more expensive. I've seen old games that are still at original price (around £30-50) for the mac, where the PC version drops to sub £10 after a few years.

*cough*torrents*cough*
Half Life 2 runs absolutely perfect with all graphics setting on max. I love this laptop
Quote by littlephil
to all the people saying you can't run games on a Mac. As of right now I have Unreal Tournament (the original) and Half Life 2 on my MacBook Pro, and COD4 coming (just bought it on Ebay)

You've probably got an Intel Mac though, where all you have to do if you want to play windows games is install windows, or use Wine. PowerPC FTL.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be able to torrent some older games (I've got a lot of catching up to do on PC gaming because my old PC had a GeForce 2 MX...that's how old it was) and have a bit of fun on this old PC. I think I saw the Quake games for PPC Macs, I'll give 'em a smash. Also WoW, but I CBF paying for it, so unless I can use private servers I won't bother.
Bugdom, Slithereens and Bubble Trouble. What more could you want?
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Quote by miss_muso~
Bugdom, Slithereens and Bubble Trouble. What more could you want?

I forgot Bugdom, I used to play it all the time on the iMac G3s at my old school :hugs: Thanks you

*goes off to mininova*
look at this http://www.transgaming.com/business/cider/
sort of wine/cedega for mac (wine/cedega allows windows apps and games to run on *nix Os)

but as every emulation your machine must be quite powerfull to run smoothly
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
wc3tft
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

You can get applications like crossover, that allow you to run windows games on a mac. In fact, iirc, crossover has a list on their site of games that run particularly well in the crossover environment. However, for as long as i have used it, i have yet to have a problem.

Also, if you feel like running old school, DOS games, download an application called Boxer, which allows it to run.

If you are going to be pirating games, then log on to demonoid, and you can search all games, with mac as the platform. PM me for an invite if you aren't already a member
Quote by jimmy_neutron
If you are going to be pirating games, then log on to demonoid, and you can search all games, with mac as the platform. PM me for an invite if you aren't already a member
Isn't demonoid still down?

stratkat
Quote by EuBoat
Isn't demonoid still down?

demonoid is down?

I dunno, i haven't logged in like a month

EDIT , you are right, it is down.

Meh, the principle still applies, im sure you can do the same search idea on sites like isohunt etc
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Oct 19, 2009,
Wow, I've never got hugs for mentioning Bugdom before. It usually ends a point and laugh situation
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Here, I'll post all the games I currently have on my Mac.

Neverwinter night
Neverwinter nights: Shadows of Undrentide
Neverwinter Nights:Hordes of the Underdark
Fallout
Fallout 2
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Diablo 2
Spore
Warcraft 3
World of Warcraft
Unreal Tournament
Urban Terror