Can't make my mind up UG, help me out here.
Gibson SG Faded / Saint Blues Mississippi Blues Master (HH)

Both feel really good in my hands and I just can't make up my mind which I want!
I like how the St Blues neck feels and the way it plays, but I also love the SG for the same things

Anything to help me choose / put me off one of them would be much appreciated. They're both around the same price so that's not an issue.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Bluesmaster looks way cooler IMO.

What do you play primarily? How did they differ tonewise? Was one heavier (would you be gigging/playing standing up?)
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
make a pros and cons list and see which one comes up with more pros or less cons

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by sixstringsteve
Bluesmaster looks way cooler IMO.

What do you play primarily? How did they differ tonewise? Was one heavier (would you be gigging/playing standing up?)

I play mainly hard rock / punk kinda thing and found both to be up to scratch for that. I guess the SG was a little bit thicker tonewise. Weight I didn't get much of a comparison because I was trying them in different shops and I was sat down. Guess I'm going to have to make a list

Is Gibson's QC still something to be concerned about?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Quote by SimplyBen
I play mainly hard rock / punk kinda thing and found both to be up to scratch for that. I guess the SG was a little bit thicker tonewise. Weight I didn't get much of a comparison because I was trying them in different shops and I was sat down. Guess I'm going to have to make a list

Is Gibson's QC still something to be concerned about?

Only if you're on this forum, if you play one in the store and you like it then buy it.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
Only if you're on this forum

Brilliant answer, totally true.

My only suggestion is to try to find a good used SG and then use the money you save by buying used to upgrade the pickups. The St. Blues guitars are nice but it's going to be tough to find one used or play before you buy, and then you're in a tough spot if you don't like it.
Quote by Roc8995
Brilliant answer, totally true.

My only suggestion is to try to find a good used SG and then use the money you save by buying used to upgrade the pickups. The St. Blues guitars are nice but it's going to be tough to find one used or play before you buy, and then you're in a tough spot if you don't like it.

My local store sells them, which is quite handy
It's probably going to be a coin flip to decide which one I get.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band