The most complete ownage in history (Sen. Al Franken annihilates Halliburton rep)

Republicans for rape.

I reckon that everyone should watch this, especially Americans. It's just a few minutes. Franken annihilates an attorney defending the actions of Halliburton/kbr on promoting private arbitration rather than criminal court cases in concordance with "contracts". 30 republicans voted in favour of this injustice being allowed (thankfully the bill passed regardless).

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6kiZIlMFto
The Meths-like ownage begins at about 3 minutes if you want to skip right to it.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/10/16/793976/-Holy-Crap!-Franken-ANNIHILATES-KBR-attorney-during-testimony-%28w-video%29

Franken's constituents should be incredibly proud of him, there are few politicians in the world who show such ability, integrity and genuine care for his people.

How could anyone have voted against this bill? Please explain it to me UG republicans.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
There has to be a reason that 30 people voted against it. I don't care what Party you go with, if you go up that high in the government, you're not stupid. They had their reason, I just wish I could find out what it is...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Nearly bored me to death
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by biga29
There has to be a reason that 30 people voted against it. I don't care what Party you go with, if you go up that high in the government, you're not stupid. They had their reason, I just wish I could find out what it is...

Protecting the rights of private companies to put whatever the hell they like into contracts, even if it violates our fundamental human rights (you know, the ones about not being gang raped or locked in a shipping container).
That is the only reason I have seen. I'd like to see another.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Haha I have no idea how you came across that video over there in Ireland, but Franken has made me proud so far. Thank you for this.
I love court room ownings like this. (I have to assume, I can't watch the video on my crappy downstairs comp.)
Dee Snyder is a god to me for defending metal the way he did.
There was one concerning evolution where a guy straight out lied and the judge caught him later on. Pwning insued.
OK, so help me understand this...This Jamie lady, wanted to settle this case in court..but de Bernardo was trying to settle it outside of court?

so, she waited 4 years or so...and is still appealing for it?

Is that sort of the just of it?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Republicans for rape.

I reckon that everyone should watch this, especially Americans. It's just a few minutes. Franken annihilates an attorney defending the actions of Halliburton/kbr on promoting private arbitration rather than criminal court cases in concordance with "contracts". 30 republicans voted in favour of this injustice being allowed (thankfully the bill passed regardless).

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6kiZIlMFto
The Meths-like ownage begins at about 3 minutes if you want to skip right to it.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/10/16/793976/-Holy-Crap!-Franken-ANNIHILATES-KBR-attorney-during-testimony-%28w-video%29

Franken's constituents should be incredibly proud of him, there are few politicians in the world who show such ability, integrity and genuine care for his people.

How could anyone have voted against this bill? Please explain it to me UG republicans.

Answered your own question
Quote by blue_strat
You're not even American - why do you care?

I are legally American, have lived there, and will live there again, therefore the political situation there is important to me. Furthermore the USA exerts considerable economic and social influence on my own island as the largest economy and anglophone nation, what goes on there is important over here.
I was sent the link and I found Franken's actions admirable, I felt others should see it so I made a thread. If an Irish Politician were to put on such an obviously great a display I would post it to. I am also curious as to the reasoning of the other side and hope to learn something.
Sorry if a foreigner taking interest in your political situation offended or confused you in some way.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
al franken is the man. we need more comedians-turned-senators.
#DTWD
You know why people voted against it? Because it's a bill put up by a Democrat. John Stewart did a thing on this too. He showed videos with the people who voted against it explaining their point, and it was all bull ****. Let me search for that video.

Here you go:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-october-14-2009/rape-nuts
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Sorry if a foreigner taking interest in your political situation offended or confused you in some way.

You know the UK isn't in America, yeah?

Fair enough to the rest though.
Quote by blue_strat

It's not!
I assumed it was, given your foreign policy and such
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by blue_strat

um. i live forty-five minutes from UK. it's in lexington, KY.

http://www.uky.edu
#DTWD
Quote by Ur all $h1t
It's not!
I assumed it was, given your foreign policy and such

I don't pay attention to politics, so I wouldn't know about that.