Okay I just got introduced to TuxGuitar for Windows. This is a very cool program and as for almost all Linux programs it's free. Anyway here is the link http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/tgwiki/doku.php?id=doc:install_windows

Being new to this forum I did not see it and was wondering if anyone has messed around with it and there impressions are.

See ya
Kooz
Don Morris
1992 Epiphone G400 Black
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I have it. It's a pretty nice program for open-source. It doesn't have very great-looking print quality, though.

I have the Mac version though, so I dunno how big the differences would be.

I don't like how when opening Power Tab files, it disregards bars and time signatures...
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Tux Guitar is very cool! I need to be helped to post my tab! I made a tab of an italian modern rock song. I WONDER to post it on the tabs archive of this site! Someone can help me???
Quote by travislausch
I don't like how when opening Power Tab files, it disregards bars and time signatures...

Hmm, I've never had that problem.

I like it because of obviously the compatability, the fact that it's free, and also the penguin!
^Yeah
But you can't copy past >.<
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
I was thinking of doing some development on TuxGuitar since when I tried it it was complete crap. It's in Java though. :X
So whats better, PowerTab or TuxGuitar? i write tabs on powertabs, haven't really heard of TuxGuitar before.
Quote by CrimsonSwirl
So whats better, PowerTab or TuxGuitar? i write tabs on powertabs, haven't really heard of TuxGuitar before.

I have tried both of them before, and I prefer Tuxguitar. PT was complete... Ummmm... What's the word? Crap. It didn't show measures (HUGE deal) and it was a pain in the butt to find out how to change from 4th's to 8th's (Especially triplets)