Well I've come up with the money for a new stack now, and I've narrowed myself down to three options, the Switchblade, JVM210H (+1960 Cab) and the Mesa Dual Rec. These three are all kickass amps, with each having their own pros and cons, but what I'm looking for is the best tone I can get out of them. I play a lot of Metal and Thrash in a band and here is my current rig:

ESP LTD MH-400 (EMG 81-85)
Schecter C7 Hellraiser (EMG 707s)
Jackson King V KVX10 (Dual EMG 85s)
Boss GT-10
Marshall MG100DFX
Peavey 6505/5150 II

I hope that gives you guys a slight idea of the tone I'm looking for. My influences include George Lynch, Paul Gilbert, Trivium, Testament, Lamb of God, Nevermore and so on.

So now I'm looking to add a new stack to that rig, since I'm kinda tired of the 5150 because it's good at only one thing, which is providing high gain distortion, although I will admit it's really good at what it does. The peavey cabs suck as it is. I'd like a nice clean sound too, but good distortion is still my primary aim. What do u guys think? Which amp should I go for? I'm kinda leaning towards the Switchblade cuz of the pedal that comes with it, and the fact that it sounds pretty good too, but i haven't yet made up my mind. Thanks guys.
I don't mean what I write in my posts.So don't argue back on it,and don't check me..Because,though I don't mean them,they are the only way I can increase my post count.
go for the new Coreblade because its geared for metal better than the switchblade.

and also consider The Randall MTS Seriess, Titan Custom, Baron K2/88, Dual Rec Roadster etc.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
yeah, i've heard of the coreblade too, but i'm guessing its going to be about $2500 just for the head,which is something I can't really afford. The price for it isn't out in Canada yet. i'm looking to spend under $3000 for the stack, if I could go beyond I'd have loved to get the ENGL powerball haha.
I don't mean what I write in my posts.So don't argue back on it,and don't check me..Because,though I don't mean them,they are the only way I can increase my post count.
Quote by eastern_riffs
yeah, i've heard of the coreblade too, but i'm guessing its going to be about $2500 just for the head,which is something I can't really afford. The price for it isn't out in Canada yet. i'm looking to spend under $3000 for the stack, if I could go beyond I'd have loved to get the ENGL powerball haha.

wai a powerball?

you can afford a USED Savage w/ 3000
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i've played all the ENGLs, worked in a dealership till last month, and truly, the powerballs blow me away. sure, the invader is slightly better, but its also a lot more expensive. the problem with ENGLs is that if you're spending $2500 on the head, you better spend the $1500 for the ENGL cab, because nothing else really cuts it.

on another note, the other guitarist in my band uses an ENGL fireball, and i would like to have something different than him lol.

oh,and I don't buy any of my guitar equipment used. i'd rather wait an year for something before I buy it used, because I treat my rig like my family, and I never see myself adopting anyone.
Last edited by eastern_riffs at Oct 17, 2009,
Dual Rec would not be tight enough, though they are my favorite amps to date. I'd say look for a Framus Cobra, but it might remind you of your 5150.

5150III?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
JVM410 for versatility, best cleans out of all of them and OD1 channel. But, it's extremely noisy and on OD2 it's gain > tone. I'd get a Mark IV or Randall MTS.
I'll chime in with my opinion.

I don't care for the JVMs personally but they are versatile.

I like the 5153 but am leery of the build quality. They are versatile.

Wouldn't a Marshall style amp work well for you? Voicing wise? I'm going to suggest Splawn Amplification. You can get a new halfstack hand made within your budget and you can easily find used ones (use the link in my sig). A Quick Rod or Nitro would work well. Nitro is more aggressive AND has a better clean channel than the Quick Rod. Lifetime warranty on brand new ones. Build and tone are superior to the JVM. Can't speak to the Marks as I've never played one.
If you're looking to spend $3000 on a stack... you might as well buy a used Engl SE head and a nice cab.

Problem solved.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'll chime in with my opinion.

I don't care for the JVMs personally but they are versatile.

I like the 5153 but am leery of the build quality. They are versatile.

Wouldn't a Marshall style amp work well for you? Voicing wise? I'm going to suggest Splawn Amplification. You can get a new halfstack hand made within your budget and you can easily find used ones (use the link in my sig). A Quick Rod or Nitro would work well. Nitro is more aggressive AND has a better clean channel than the Quick Rod. Lifetime warranty on brand new ones. Build and tone are superior to the JVM. Can't speak to the Marks as I've never played one.

Pretty much what I was going to say. Except I've played a Mark III and it was delicious But I would still rather have a Splawn, preferably a Nitro.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan