sup everyone

looking for a new guitar. i know i already have enough...but just ask matrix claw...theres no such thing as enough of a good thing.

price isnt really an issue.

I am into playing instrumental stuff, satriani style, and some gold old fashion rock.

i have a few in mind,

the ibanez js1000,

some kind of ibanez RG

or a mockingbird st (yes i know i have 3 mocks already, but i cant get enough of them)
http://bcrich.com/Mockingbird_st.asp

oddly enough, i even wouldnt mind getting a schecter stargazer 12 string, they look freaken dope

basically, i really want something with a floyd rose or edge or whatever you can get with a trem arm. i have 5 guitars and none with any sort of trem

i'm open to suggestions, cant get a jem cause my roommate already has one (wouldnt want to show him up)

thanks!
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Last edited by thedekker at Oct 17, 2009,
Try the JS1000 or the RG Prestige model (I think the one I was looking at was a 3550Z Prestige, not sure thoguh). They both have pretty different necks, I didn't like the JS1000, but I tried a lower end RG and I loved it (like $500 RG?), I mean it wasn't as quality as the JS but the feel of it is different. Also I don't like where the jack is on the JS1000.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
The Mockingbird ST looks sexy as all hell.

Look into Schecters and LTD's, too. IBanez, get nothing that is below the prestige level save for the S Series.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Guitar2theface
Try the JS1000 or the RG Prestige model (I think the one I was looking at was a 3550Z Prestige, not sure thoguh). They both have pretty different necks, I didn't like the JS1000, but I tried a lower end RG and I loved it (like $500 RG?), I mean it wasn't as quality as the JS but the feel of it is different. Also I don't like where the jack is on the JS1000.

thanks, good advice...
however, i feel with guitars, you get what you pay for...much like anything else. since price isnt an issue, i couldnt justify buying a $500 guitar. all the ones i have right now range from 700-900...and am looking for something really nice.

I havent tried a js extensively yet...why is the jack location so unlikeable?

edit: i will definatly try these before buying, dont worry
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

Last edited by thedekker at Oct 17, 2009,
If price is no issue then I would suggest to go with a custom built guitar via a luthier or a brand's custom shop. Otherwise look at the ESP Horizon FR-II imo that guitar is secks in guitar form.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
If price is no issue then I would suggest to go with a custom built guitar via a luthier or a brand's custom shop. Otherwise look at the ESP Horizon FR-II imo that guitar is secks in guitar form.

oh man...good decision...i gotta look into these esp horizons! they look awesome
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Quote by thedekker
oh man...good decision...i gotta look into these esp horizons! they look awesome

No probs bro the Black Aqua is possibly the greatest finish on the Horizon's full stop.
has anyone here had experience with warmoth? worth it?
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE

Quote by thedekker

No experience, but I've never heard of bad stuff from warmoth.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by thedekker

I heard they're great, but they can get expensive buying all the parts individually. Plus, you have to build them yourself and add finishing touches to it. If you're thinking about going custom, also look into Carvin. I personally would get an Ibanez Prestige (RG, S, FR, SV, pick your choice) because nothing else feels like them.
Quote by thedekker

Great stuff from what I've read though it does seem to only be bolt on guitars so that's a bit restrictive if you were hoping for something with a set neck or a neck thru.
I saw a guy who used the parts from Warmoth and built a Frankenstein copy for about $3000. Hell of a lot cheaper than $25k! Anyway, there is another custom shop some guys showed me...http://www.wayneguitars.com or a PRS custom. Oh, you can always build a custom Jackson, but the wait is usually 4-8 months...truly hand made each piece.
Yesterday is History; Tomorrow is a Mystery; but Today is a Gift; That is why it is called The Present.