a guy on my local craigslist is offering me his Mesa F-50 112 he purchased in 2008 for my Marshall...just wondering if this would be a wise trade. I'm mainly looking for a Peavey XXX head, but this combo intrigues me. it has the advantage of being small and more manageable to carry around than a half stack...and its an american voiced amp (what ive been wanting)

just wondering if it has the versatility

hey may even throw in some cash

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I'd do it. The F-50 is more valuable than the XXX head, and you can always sell it if you don't like it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I'd do it. The F-50 is more valuable than the XXX head, and you can always sell it if you don't like it.

True...but when if I was taking a XXX head, I'd also be looking for the buyer to throw in $150-200 with the amp, so I wouldnt take a major hit

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
hmmm, so it sounds like the Mesa is the way to go.

but...i just saw on harmony central that a guy if offering me his XXX head + cash for my Marshall...hmmm, who to take

with the F-50 guy, i wouldnt have to ship my amp out..which would be kinda nice not to have to do

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
As much as I like the DSL, if you want a good American voiced amp, its a great trade for the F-50. I like that amp WAY more the the XXX
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
it's the 40w 1x12.

still good?

i mean, i dont really gig a lot, and if need be for a head...i can keep my cab and sell off the Mesa later for cash or a new head

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
i like the any mesa f series amp over any marshal dsl/tsl amp. Imo better amps all round. But thats a preference call and voicing call.
imo
f series is slightly better than xxx.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
F-50 > XXX all the way.

I would do that trade without hesitation.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
pretty much onboard with the rest of the people. mesa equipment are built like tanks. you really get what you pay for. i just got a mark IV and i love it so much
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
so, any more input? i may be meeting this guy sometime this week to do the trade, but I can still back out if it's not such a hot deal

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
there isn't one opinion against it... safe to say it's a pretty good deal
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008