mmkay so just wanted to know what kind / size of picks everyone uses.

Myself i'm a fan of the 2.0 mm dunlops, but I havent seen a whole lot of people using them, any reason for this?
I've been using 1.14mm Tortex recently. I moved up from 0.73mm Tortex after finding a pack of the 1.14mm on the ground in the parking lot of the music store, trying them out and coming to like them
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Last edited by no.mop at Oct 18, 2009,
I've been thinking about maybe trying something else just to see the difference. Might wanna pick up some tortex 1. somethings.

And ya the 2.0 mm are hard to find. But damn I just love the feel of them, the thickness and little extra weight just work for me
2.0 Dunlops

They aren't hard to find, they are at any local guitar shop and even on musicianfriend.com
Okay how about they are hard to find in a small town, especially when you don't order anything online
I used to like fatter picks but I've been using thinner, flatter ones as of late (not like... floppy thin, but flexible), I just find it gives me a more percussive, chirpier attack that I like. It's been kind of an adjustment though.
Last edited by al112987 at Oct 17, 2009,
Quote by *Fender Is Win*
Okay how about they are hard to find in a small town, especially when you don't order anything online

Well order online then
Jazz III's.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
Jazz III's.

For the win. Unless it's acoustic strumming, they're all I use.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
.83 (or is it .87?) and 1mm Dunlop tortex for electric and just your everyday nylon/celluloid picks for acoustic.

My absolute favorites are Snarling Dogs Brain Picks though. The grip is fantastic
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
My favorite pick at the moment is one that I stole from Sam Ash. The ones that say "Sam Ash Medium" and have the phone number of the store on them.

Other than that, I use Tortex .88s
I use a wide variety of picks:
  • Dunlop Stubby
  • Pickboy carbon fiber
  • Stainless Steel
  • Specially treated copper
  • Fender mediums chewed into a curve
  • Assorted other Dunlops, Pickboys and more

Most are medium to thick, though even some that aren't have characteristics that make them similar to thicker picks. I also have one set of fingerpicks, though I rarely use them.

And each kind gets me a different kind of sound, so I'm constantly changing them out...

FWIW, I'm still looking- I want to get my hands on some stone picks- agate, jade, etc.- stiff felt (yes, felt), bone, and eventually, an ebow.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Oct 18, 2009,
I like 2.0mm picks for AC/DC and punk stuff and 1.14mm for metal.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Dark green Tortex, .87 I believe. I wanna try the sharp ones with the rhino on them.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I used to use those .73mm Tortex ones, but I lost all of them so I resorted to using some 1.5mm Dunlops I bought to test (and I hated it at the time). Now I can't play the thin ones, too damn flexible. I have a 2mm, but it's kind of thick, not bad though.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
0.0 mm

Cant stand picks ...

Though when i first started playing guitar i use to swap around between a 0.73 and a 1.0.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Dunlop Tortex .88 (I think) but I play a lot of fingerstyle so I rarely use them.
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
0.88 sharpened tortex by dunlop or fender medium celluloid. (latter is good improvised flint )
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Dunlop purples, 1.14
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom